421 cheetah powervalve jetting

Im running a ported 392 cheetah on 34pj carbs. 145 (i think)  mains and 55 pilots. It needs more carb as its still rich even with the small mains in it. Love my cheetah, its got a wide smooth powerband. I hope to do some more tuning on the powervalves, maybe mess with springs in it. Like i mentioned before the best thing you can do is drill the bleed jets out to .125 (1/8 inch) its about the biggest you can reasonably go without getting into the thread. This is also the "lag" people experience and i think part of the problem with alot of cheetahs not "putting out". the valves cant react fast enough as the engine comes onto the pipe.

I have the same 421 setup as you but with mikuni vm36's. I had the pj's but they weren't enough. A friend of mine that I bought the top end from ran your carbs with it and liked them as far as know. I believe he had the same jetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought they worked good. I think they sound pretty good too. I'm running them on a 485 p/v now and I don't do much more then trail riding, and they seem to do well in the low and mid range area.

I'm going to try a buddies set of shear inframes maybe in a week or so and if possible my other buddies FMF Fatty's.