hole shot bog problem

jscharphorn

I think your crazy to not have a lockout, I have a decent amount of experience with 33s they like bigger jets than the more common 35s . My friends duneport stock cylinder chopped perfect at 172 main dek needle 2nd clip

Did your friend have a leak down test done on that motor? Just curious. That's some big jets especially for that motor but possibly those 33mm need bigger jets like you said

I talked to shawn and he said he thought the plug chop with the 168 looked lean and he could not see a timing mark.

base gasket .20

squish he thought was 40 but could not find his notes at the time.

He did not like the idea of +6 timing

He is going to run the bike and try some things Sat.

I would get some deks, cels never heard of that needle. All bikes can benefit from a lock out if you ride hard u will have a tough time keeping plates from glazing over. I would look into those squish numbers and dome cut your missing 15-20 psi from where I normally see those engines with a 20cc dome . I personally like the compression numbers you have but I'm usually at 22-21 cc domes on a drag ported cub. Look into what base gasket he used it might be set up for a .012 and if he used a bigger one you would have loose squish and compression would suffer

sleeper, are you saying it needs a .012 base gasket or are you saying it might be set up for a 12, Shawn did use a .020

Were do I get the DEK needles at and I am looking at a used lock out now.

I did try many different jets today from 162-175 and no luck

I am dropping the bike off tomorrow to shawn but have a feeling it will not be ready by Thursday for the drag test and tune at Michigan atv nationals next weekend.