Need help jetting

No the 30 is gonna be way too much... I bet if you throw that 30 in there you will be atleast 3 turns out on the air screw if not more. I would go with the 27.5

I bet if you get this thing where you like it you will be with 21 or 22 cc domes 280-290 main 27.5 pilot needle on the 4th or middle clip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by willaduncan

No the 30 is gonna be way too much... I bet if you throw that 30 in there you will be atleast 3 turns out on the air screw if not more. I would go with the 27.5

I bet if you get this thing where you like it you will be with 21 or 22 cc domes 280-290 main 27.5 pilot needle on the 4th or middle clip

I have close to the same set up with pipes and reeds and hes gonna want 30s esp running fatties and vf3

But i have some 27.5 if you wanna buy em

I have close to the same set up with pipes and reeds and hes gonna want 30s esp running fatties and vf3

But i have some 27.5 if you wanna buy em

In another post you claim to run 27.5 but here you claim 30. So now you're just trying to make the OP think yall have the same setup so he's gonna toss a 30 in there and be wasting time. OP I'm telling you bro try a 290 main 27.5 pilot needle middle clip air screw 1.5 turns out then post a pic of the plugs

I have both sets of reed dude i bought some off infamous out his part out an i have vf3 reeds i have extra parts such as carbs and they are jetted according since i do travel to duff elevations so if youd me to show you thats fine but i know what my carbs like with each setup and ask anyone if the vf reeds like big pilots there gonna say yes so anything else

I agree with willaduncan assuming your motor is not ported - do you know if it has any port pork done to it?

I have a stock motor with no port work, T5 pipes, K&N pods (no air box) and VF4 reeds at ~800 ft elevation and run 27.5 pilots with 300 mains.  300 mains still seems a tad rich, I could probably run 290's.  Tried the 30 pilots when I upgraded to VF4's and ended up with the air screws too far out and had to go back down to 27.5

• Like 1

This is what I have heard as well but I jumped from stock stroke to 4 mil and vf2 to vf4 and stayed at a 27.5 the 30 was way to big I couldn't hold an idle

No bike/engine is the same. Im sure some needed 30s, and some didn't. Just saying vf4s are the only ones I know of liking a bigger pilot on a stock bike.

Nigerian hit the nail on the head no 2 bikes are going to be the same on jetting and he very well could end up with a 30 but I'm betting that won't be the case here

Lol, I'm no Nigerian. I'm a big ole white boy.........., and country as a sumbitch.
  • Like 3