People with Paul turners...question for you.

Wertzy

Recently picked up a set of Paul Turner Mids for my bike. I've always wanted a set after hearing people rave about them. Finally got a set and take them for a ride. All I can say is WOW. Love these pipes! Went on a local dice run and had a great time.

However...after returning home from said dice run...I started cleaning my bike and noticed a rather large dent in the left side headpipe. It looks like it hit the front motor mount bracket. Anyone else have this issue? The clearance between the mount and the pipe is very tight. Now I don't know what to do with this dent...how can I get it out?

11140360_10153215994969530_2618012200682

My high rev's clear everything pretty well, soooo afraid I can't offer any input on that. 

Quick and easy way to get that dent out would be to heat that area up and use sockets (starting small and working up) to drive the dent up a little at a time. Done it on a ton of old radiator fittings that always seem to get dinged. 

Your pipe is gonna rip on the far left side i feel since its so creased so make sure your careful.

Use a little heat plug each end with a pressure fitting but on the cylinder side put an air valve on it heat it up but dont get to crazy and put some air in a little at a time and it should start popping out.

Do more reading on it before you try it i seen alot of dirt bike pipes done that way

Your pipe is gonna rip on the far left side i feel since its so creased so make sure your careful.

Use a little heat plug each end with a pressure fitting but on the cylinder side put an air valve on it heat it up but dont get to crazy and put some air in a little at a time and it should start popping out.

Do more reading on it before you try it i seen alot of dirt bike pipes done that way

I've done it on a couple bike pipes, it works, doesn't turn out beautiful but it pops the dent. I plugged it up and pumped 4 or 5 psi in them and heated the area evenly and the pressure builds with heat so you just gotta watch because my rigs would always pop off with some force.