Jets and unique find...

gixelz

First off, anyone of the forums sell a jet kit? I see this DynoJet kit selling on ebay for like 60 bucks...but I just need some new mains. 290-330 and new pilots.

That said, I am new here and been reading around since I picked up and 01 Banshee last week. It hasn't been running quite right and one pipe was cold...I saw receipts from a shop where it just received a new top end a couple weeks ago. Switched up plug wires and the other one stopped firing for awhile...then started firing again but with a few misses here and there, that said I just ordered new plug wires and coil to make sure it just isn't something loose.

Figured I would just tear this thing apart, not familiar with Banshees but always had a 2 stroke bike, it has some pro circuit pipes on it so I wanted to take the carbs off and make sure it had some jets. To my surprise I found this inside the reed box on the side that had a slight miss...

http://imgur.com/leVWr8O

2 bolts and a washer being stored in a reed box? Kinda weird since this just got back from the shop. So I dug some more, took out the fuel shut off, had more hair in it than my shower drain and I live with 2 women. Tested the compression, it was at 125 on each side. Opened the carbs, has 210 jets in it, no wonder this kid kept burning it up, so I need some jets, whos got em?

Yeah, next time someone asks you guys why their one cyl is missing for the 500th time, tell them to check the reedbox for stored bolts haha.

I know I wont be taking anything to the shop that this bike came from a few weeks ago, I dont imagine the guy I bought it off of put them in there if he took it to a shop for pistons and rings.

• Like 1

I would say they might have been in the airbox or filter and they threw it on. Meanwhile vacuum amd bouncing of the bike placed them in the cage. Makes you wonder if there were any washers that made it past the reed opening.