rejetting to new pipes

Gemeiner

oh ok ill do that to be safe. because im not sure both sides are adjusted the same, and that wasn't from me so im not sure why its like that. and id better see what they look like.

ya it took a full turn and 1/2 to make it run right, and then one more quarter turn (one or 2) to take out the bog on the acceleration.

• 2 weeks later...

lol ya I need a manual. is it weird that with the air screws 2 turns out or more, it feels boggy until the powerband? when I had it 1-1/4 turns out, it ran ok with no bog. but ive read that if its less than 2 turns you need a bigger jet. it eats a lot more gas too lol im glad I checked my gas.

should get my plugs and some jets (just in case) in a few days. so when I do a plug chop, if only the pilot jet is lean, will I be able to tell or is that unlikely? say I find that its lean, id have to change the main jet and everything? I hear the pro circuits like to have fatter pilot jets since theres more lower end power.

id change the main, adjust the needle, then do the pilot jet?

k I put 310 mains with the 30 pilots but it idled really high no matter what I did. after swapping the pilots back to 27.5 I realized the throttle boot on the carb was pulled a little... after like 5 times of taking it apart and adjusting shit lol I was kinda annoyed. so I have 310s with 27.5s which might be ok, remains to be seen. but I heard that pc pipes like to have a fatter jet? would I get more power with the 30s if I adjusted it right?

what do you mean by? "the boot on the carb was pulled a little."  Was this an air leak?

Are you syncing carbs correctly each time you take the caps off of them? making sure that they have enough slack to properly rest on the idle screws, raise evenly and open fully staying even?