Slight Bog On Take Off

bsock

You set your float height? Did you ever play with your needles? Do an actual plug chop? Your fuel lines aren't kinked are they? When I first used vf4 I actually had to lean my needles one clip.

Fuel lines good. Checking float height next and leaning the clips. I don't have anywhere to ride to do a wot run through all the gears. I had 3 good days of riding few hours each and the plugs were brownish in color not black not white if that makes any difference. Today just seemed as if when I go wot it's just complete bog. But it boggles my mind because a month ago when it was a little cooler this thing was a wild ride! I understand they can be fickle but shew did not know that bad. Still trying to grasp the big picture sorry for all the questions but im the only banshee around here local.

Brandon

Fuel lines good. Checking float height next and leaning the clips. I don't have anywhere to ride to do a wot run through all the gears. I had 3 good days of riding few hours each and the plugs were brownish in color not black not white if that makes any difference. Today just seemed as if when I go wot it's just complete bog. But it boggles my mind because a month ago when it was a little cooler this thing was a wild ride! I understand they can be fickle but shew did not know that bad. Still trying to grasp the big picture sorry for all the questions but im the only banshee around here local.

Brandon

Is it a bog, or blubbery feeling? I'm still new myself. I always chop threads can get expensive, but I don't feel experienced enough to look, and tell. Still seems like something is up though. Trim plug wires, and gap plugs , and pick up for shits, and gigs. Can only see shaved head, and vf4 in your mods with my phone.

Set float height, ride. Lean needles one clip, and ride. See if it helps. Noticed you said you rode it for awhile....I'd do another compression test for peace of mind. May not need it, but I'm ocd as fuck lol. You need to ride in an area where you can open it up. Lugging it around maybe borderline fouling plugs. Try new plugs to.

If your "bogging" in the later rpm then your lean. An easy way to tell the difference between a lean/rich "bog" is to stay in the throttle and see what bike tries to do. If it wants to die, chances are your lean. If it stutters and carries on then your probably rich. If motor passed leak down, and float height is proper, richen the needles and take for a rip. Ive seen great motor setup run like complete dog shit simpley because people worry about the pilot and main WAY to much and completely over look the needle/clip position.

• Like 1

One thing he mentioned was that it ran great when he rode in colder ambient temps.

Colder temps require more fuel.

If it ran great with current jetting and it's now running like ass, then he's jetted too rich for current ambient temps.

He needs to lean the needle out like said above.

Put the clips on the 2nd groove from the blunt end.

That will keep the needle lower in the needle jet and lean out the entire mixture.

• Like 1

Well I re set float height and placed clips on second notch from the blunt end re synced carbs and away she goes! I might try the 3rd notch to see how it acts but as of now it's back in action. Thanks to all of those that tossed out ideas!!

Brandon