Slight Bog On Take Off

bsock

Sleeper06 pretty much nailed the jetting and what not with his suggestions of 300 mains 30 pilots one turn out on air/fuel screw 4th clip on needles. This is with all the mods in my sig. I have not done a plug chop but the bike itself screams I rode it for 4 hrs give or take yesterday and fell in love with everything about the bike. The only concern I have is it seems to have a slight bog on take off also getting back into it on a big hill enough when I mash back into it I can feel it. I bought a sync tool and synced the carbs it was 65ish degrees yesterday in Kentucky where I was riding. The bike would fire with one kick pretty much everytime. Any help would be awesome! Thanks again! My premix is 3 gal 110 2 gal high test pump gas and 40:1 klotz super techniplate.

• Like 1

Gravel I have not messed with the screws I am far from savy at tuning carbs. The weather out here is up and down right now aswell.

Special06 I'll give it a shot and see if that helps I should be out next weekend to test it again.

Brandon

• Like 1

By turning the airscrews out, you're leaning out the mixture.

If it got worse, then try turning them in.

If you are less than 1 turn out from fully seated, you need to go up a size on the pilot jets.

But you're already on a 30 pilot, so I doubt that's necessary.

Did you just assemble this motor?

Did you do a leakdown test?

• Like 1

I put all the aftermarket parts on it. Did a compression check which was within the range but have not done a leak down test. I will run them in and back them out a turn and go for another ride. It for sure would not come back alive this time once it fell off. Last ride it would come back up.

Brandon

Good deal! I'm open to any suggestions. I can for sure say that I did not measure height on the floats rather eye balled it parallel with the bottom of the carbs. Maybe I need to start there. I'll get it cleaned up and start with measuring the height maybe that is causing some issue also. It's possible I'm jumping the gun also as it isn't very warm yet. I'll look around on measuring the float height and then plow forward. Just seemed to once fall off it was done as in nothing but bog when I touched the throttle before it did the same but would come out of it with alittle feather the first ride it was a tad warmer too seems that can have a big effect also on the way these react. Thanks again to everyone helping me along the way.

Brandon

Edited by bsock

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a whole new thread so I'll add it here and ask. Today it was mid 70's and sunny hottest day I've rode it yet. In tight trails the bike acted fine. long flats mid to wide open would bog like crazy. Sometimes 1-2 would be fine then tip of 3rd bog. I launched in 2nd took off then bog. Would not light back up until I got off throttle and back into it again. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Brandon

^^^this, your pilot should be plenty. Do the leakdown test.....if not your more then likely chasing your own tail! I think people avoid it because they fear the worse.

Sent from your mammy house