Jetting suggestion

kenyounot

U need to keep a tight eye on that motor on 93 , keep the timing at 0 to start or run 100 octane. 160-165 main 50 pilot, jjh needle. I have ran motors with that static compr on pump before but I have a good ear and am decent at tuning proceed with caution

I'm at 0 - 100 elevation, +4 timing. I was told to use 50/50 but have seen multiple people on here running 93 until like 165 psi. Thought I would be safe. Can I use 50/50? What would you run? 160-165, Fuck a duck, highest I have are 148 and 165. Guess I have to order more. 

If you are fortunate enough to have a gas station that sells a 98 MON in the pump go for it otherwise I'd run that on av gas or 50/50 blend. As you're ported the motor will make more when running so you're not even borderline safe IMO. Change the fuel of cut the domes.

• 3 weeks later...

+6 timing 116 octane 28 pwks with 165 main 50 pilot stock needle on 4th clip. 1/2 to 3/4 bog. Just feels like it hits a wall for a second and them breaks loose after that. I tried 162 mains but same problem so i put the 165s back in. Only thing that was changed recently was the air screw was put at 1.5 and new plug because old one broke.

What needles ,stock needles are n68a , most ported motors I build like jjh 4 th clip . 1/2 to 3/4 is a needle issue . Do a proper plug chop to verify main is spot on then start playing with the needle. Only bike I ever had that liked the n68a was a mild trail port with pro circuits

Needles are JJH. Some 28 pwks come with them. Right now needles are at 3rd clip(middle) 165 mains 50 pilots. Rode for like an hour today its hard to tell where the sputter is its like right on the edge between mains and needles. It sounds like really fast cackling then it takes off. The needle was at the 4th clip bringing it down seemed to help. Would the too high of octane cause this? Someone needs to just come ride this thing and tell me what the deal is lol.

Either it's a needle tune issue or most of the time , cackling ends up being electronics/spark, check your spark plug gap .020, pick up gap .018-.020. I'm not crazy far from you if u wanted to drop it off for a weekend. I won't tune while you wait due to the fact I usually find 10 things I don't like in a matter of minutes . Was a leakdown done on this motor?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oam2y7r47b617xr/20150412_130508_001.3gp?dl=0

Took a video sorry for quality my phone was taped to my light lol. 

On the first run coming up the driveway not down, towards the end of that first initial pull that sound happens at right before opening up wot. The next pass up the driveway is wot through gears,

Pipes became really hot with just that run. Also I have barely any smoke coming from pipes at start up or while pulling.

Sorry for end of video forgot my phone was still recording lol.

Edited by kenyounot

Either it's a needle tune issue or most of the time , cackling ends up being electronics/spark, check your spark plug gap .020, pick up gap .018-.020. I'm not crazy far from you if u wanted to drop it off for a weekend. I won't tune while you wait due to the fact I usually find 10 things I don't like in a matter of minutes . Was a leakdown done on this motor?

I always tell people it costs double if they wanna hang out and help.
  • Like 1