SLP Pipes

sheerider11

My buddy ordered these from JDS. So I went to check them out in person and see what there like.

ef14a391193498f2f9ecd7a92e1a8f84.jpgf13f0dfdb19c36630480a5ec8e0204ab.jpg82731c5405ea1de7835e81171b161c04.jpg0582dda3ed826ad209136d485ad7123e.jpg4a25467653973eea43fae0bbdd6ba34d.jpg2da6f941025ba8210976a9423a2f310e.jpg710aa93df34a954ca40c010a823f26ff.jpg67bc2a12c05271f9a0737642f88bb69d.jpg757e3936b6d0a12be45259ffc2b362f6.jpg

I liked them. They were a cross of trinity and toomeys. Pretty fat chambers. They were nickel plated. The welds were okay seemed like they'll hold. I wasn't a fan of the mount. Looks like it's gonna break soon. Time will tell.

I really liked the way the stinger connects to the head pipe. It seated in nice and tight. Almost seems like a clamp isn't needed.

The silencers are long. They are also identical to fmf. Except the turn down which is cool.

The only other thing is they didn't come with Orings and springs. It did come with a degree key tho.

I hope we can get the bike together soon and get some seat time in. Maybe we'll be able to swap pipes. I have CPI we can do a back to back out in the trails.

His set up

-4 mil

-hjr mx hardcore port

-pump gas

-vf3

-stock carbs w/ pods

Cool! Looking forward to a review on how they run. Some people hate turn downs, BUT if you ride in an area where DNR are, or other people who hate loud shit they actually do help make them sound quieter.

Also, its nice for other buyers to know they don't come with o-rings or springs. Not a huge deal, I always buy the FMF kit.

I'm sick of people telling me banshees are loud and that new 4 strokes are more eco friendly, quiet, bla bla bla bla.... I can't even fucking hear my bike with fresh packed shearers next to most 4 pokes now a days. The DNR just let's the whole group go by but stops me on the banshee every time. Just doesn't make sense.

Nice, thanks for getting this thread started.

I am going to contact SLP on getting springs and o-rings included.  They should come with!

Leave the degree key out, add o-rings and springs.

I should be getting mine Friday and hopefully installing them this weekend.

Those look decent. I dont really get including the degree key thing, they should come with orings for sure but very few pipe sets I have ever bought have come with springs. I agree with the 4 poke ear piercing thump. I hate it too. I will take the banshee ping any day.

I'm sick of people telling me banshees are loud and that new 4 strokes are more eco friendly, quiet, bla bla bla bla.... I can't even fucking hear my bike with fresh packed shearers next to most 4 pokes now a days. The DNR just let's the whole group go by but stops me on the banshee every time. Just doesn't make sense.

I can barley hear a 2stroke as its coming up the trails. I hear the echoing thump of a 4 stroke from the second I get to the spot to when I leave with out every seeing one. That sound travels like thunder

I called SLP and gave them our feedback... Told them to include O-Rings and springs and remove the degree key... I don't know anybody that runs a key.

yeah I told my buddy to chuck that key. he ordered the fmf o ring and spring kit, but I was surprised to not even see o rings.

hopefully the listen to you.

yeah I told my buddy to chuck that key. he ordered the fmf o ring and spring kit, but I was surprised to not even see o rings.

hopefully the listen to you.

They seemed a little offended. SLP has their shit together so I hope they take the advice.

Send them this link.

< glad I have time before I need a set next ice season. I want some for short tracks, but have no need/want for a key and would much prefer a set of springs and O-rings. I am glad you guys noted that as I didn't see it in their description.

you have to rember  these pipes have been out for a very very long time!!!!   and NOBODY has heard or ran them but a very few peeps..  id say in the last 6 months they have probably gotten more calls and inquire's about them in the whole other time they have been around.  hell the set i have i bought from a friend that didnt like them on the "strip" and said he got them factory direct because they gave him a hell of a deal and were just hoping to get the rest of them sold off the shelf...  ha 

hey are super quite till you get on it!!  nice mellow bark!

how in the hell are 4 chokes with pretty much any aftermarket slip on consider'd quieter than a banshee?????