wcr

adrenaline junky 34

Guess I'm the only guy that didn't see the big deal with his transmissions. Sure, they worked, but so do/did a lot of other guys too. Plus the service after the sale was superior to WCR by a looong shot. But comparing trans back to back,,,I couldn't tell a difference in shifting characteristics or durability. So for me, WCR falling off the map didn't bother me all.

• Like 1

i can see all kinds of differences in overrides...  the absolute BEST i have seen was a RC roy clarke trans  he is long gone also.  

most anyone that can do overrides do them very similarly.  i can get pretty picky with them but it seems even the nasty ass butt jacked up drum, flappy dog angle cut on some bench grinder seem to shift ok.   its what happens when they get backloaded i see differences in what happens.   also HOW they feel when you shift them seems to be somewhat differnt between some.  its hard to describe.  all WCR transmisisons i have ever dealt with i went in and "touched up" or modified the star for better feel.  

oh well 

i can see all kinds of differences in overrides... the absolute BEST i have seen was a RC roy clarke trans he is long gone also.

most anyone that can do overrides do them very similarly. i can get pretty picky with them but it seems even the nasty ass butt jacked up drum, flappy dog angle cut on some bench grinder seem to shift ok. its what happens when they get backloaded i see differences in what happens. also HOW they feel when you shift them seems to be somewhat differnt between some. its hard to describe. all WCR transmisisons i have ever dealt with i went in and "touched up" or modified the star for better feel.

oh well

I admit I swapped the star on my WCR. It was kinda funky..... But, that said. My WCR pro mod is one of the best transmissions I've got to ride. I've rode a few others and they were definitely not as nice IMO. My next trans will most likely be through CAMATV though.

On another note. Any one know who this Joe Molinari fella is?