wont start, tunning suggstions needed

jscharphorn

I have a stock motor stock carbs with T-5's and k&N filters, it did have fatty's on it and 280 mains, bike is in the heated garage and I can not get it to start.

600' sea level

it has spark.

I do not know what needles are on it  or what pilots it has.

when turning the air/fuel screw  which way tells you what ?  it was at 2.5 turns out, I tried one turn out and still will not start.

If someone would suggest anything,  tomorrow I will see what it has for pilots and needles that way if needles are not set right I can adjust once a part

Ya ran before but I do not have any experience with the bike, traded off a yfz for it, I had the top end off by my motor guy and put new rings on it and started with a few kicks after I put the motor back in, I changed pipes and had a carb leak from a bad float o'ring and I did get it started but it took about 20 kicks, now it has been a month and wanted to move it out of my garage and now can not get it to start.

Try cleaning the jets.. Make sure air flow is good (only because you mentioned filters) make sure when adjusting your air fuel screw bottom it out and start turning from there. Is it sending any fuel out of the over flow on either side?. Also plugs. Update would be cool! Mine was a 20 kick starter and leaked fuel out the over flow after shut down until i took the carbs apart and found that the jet was clogged to a pin hole size. Cleaned and now 1 kick, maybe 2 but rarely.

Edited by Travis160

I cleaned the carbs and they might have been clogged a tad on the pilots, it does only have 25's in it.

I got it started with 6 kicks once cleaned.

I don't recall which way tells you if they are too small or too big  I am thinking the smaller the jet the more turns out the fuel/air screw needs to be is that correct ?