Help a noob choose between mikuni and keihin pls!

Dunatic619

I used to run a mix of vp110 and premium. But I recently found a place in El Cajon that sell race at the pump. It's 100 octane, which is what I ended up with after mixing. Much easier to buy what I need and use it as I need it.

• Like 1

They just arrived. Should have em on and running in about 2 weeks. It was a toss up between 28s or stock. But for the price I paid, the 28s weren't much more expensive. Got me from carboartswharehouse. Paid $300 for brand new carbs, throttle cable, and some extra jets. Plus they jetted to my engine specs and elevation. I found used stockers for $60-$100, but once I factered in rebuilding kits and jets kits, this seemed like an easie route. Plus I have expirence with pwk, and not mikuni. So jetting changes will hopefully be easier for me to make. By builder told me that the stock carbs are good up to 70ish HP.

What's Everone opinion on the best intake for these. My stock intake is long gone. I figured I go billet to clear the clutch arm. I found a good price on a BOSS intake. I also saw chariot intakes, but the chariot is like $40 more. I know the boss doesn't use mikuni boots. But they look the same overall. What do you guys think? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

So I went chariot of the intake. Now I have everything I need to get it up and running. Should I use some sealant to attach boots to intake? I was thinking some high temp silicone, yamabond, or something like this. Is it needed? Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...

Bump from the dead! I'm FINALLY able to get these damn things mounted. Had some family issues that required attention first. But now I'm good. So a few Qs, is it better to use yamabond, or is there something better to use to mount the boots to the intake? Crossover, yes or no? Thanks again for all help everyone. I really appreciate it.

Yamabond/ThreeBond isn't a bad idea. Especially if the intake surfaces aren't super crisp. Crossovers are debatable. But there are other factors to consider first if you're doing Billit intakes. Quality boots & Carb angle are the two main factors. I honestly am starting to like the individual manifolds with no crossover. Pretty clean. The UPP stuff is great as well.