Help a noob choose between mikuni and keihin pls!

Dunatic619

I need new carbs NOW. I was using a trinity 2 to 1, I know I know, but I'm over it now. I was planning to throw my stockers back on, but I can't find them. So I was planning on buying new. I'd like to throw some 28s on the shee. I plan to do a 4mil in the future but I also plan on keeping the boring down to a minimum. So I figure 28s will be fine.

I'm lost when it comes to picking a specific brand. It seems the keihin might be a little easier in the long run, but mikuni is easier on my wallet now. I see that with mikuni, that I will need to change some things to get them to run right. I tried to search on the site, but was unable to locate anything particularly helpful. I did find a thread where someone listed the type of jets/needle to use, but I wanted to list my mods and elevation and get some specific recommendations.

My shee is a 97 and usually ride glamis and trails. Never more that 1000' ASL

One over stock bore (true 350 now)

Dune port

VF3

+4 timing

19cc domes

FMF fatties

Any help would be great. I also like doing my own research, so if someone wants to post links, I don't mind reading. Thanks again everyone.

Edited by Dunatic619

Thanks everyone for the responses. But I'm wondering this too ^^

Would the PWKs be ready to run out of the box? Besides jetting anyway. Would the mikunis be able to do this too? I read that the needle, nozzles, and slide cutouts in the mikunis need to be changes out.

Tricked, any HP gains on my 4mil going from stock to 28 pwk?

And, how about staying in tune (elevation change), are PWK equal to mikuni?

Few hp over that 2-1. But way more ridability. The PWKs IMO are a bit less sensitive then their predecessor PJ carbs which means less tuning when changing temp, alt, and weather are a factor.