Best fitting inframe drag pipes?

jayzx10r

I'm getting a li'l pissed that every weekend I ride, I have to replace my left side filter outerwears because the stinger is sooo close!  Last trip, I cooked my K&N!!  I have automotive pipe wrap around it, but it's still not good enough as I have like 1/4" clearance.

Sooo.... do Shearers fit better?  What about the "air box" bend stingers... would they give me more clearance?

I'm open to other solutions too.  I was even thinking of running the stock air box open top and letting the pipe burn it's own clearance... lol.

Someone recommended the Cascade sleeves but since they would lay directly against my filters under pressure -- I can't see them not burning my filters either.

Sand use only so it's a filter and outerwear setup...
Thanks for your $ 0.02.    

If you find a solution let me know. I wrapped my cpi stingers in header wrap. They don't burn just wear a hole. 110 for filters every month gets expensive. I've bent the filters in a few positions but they always rub somewhere on something. There starting to show on the bottom frame tube too.

I've heard different about the fit. Actually I've heard and seen the complete the complete opposite.

i think its hit and miss... Both sets of shearer in frames i had were the best fitting pipe i every had on my bike. No clearance issues at all. I have seen sets take some tweaking to fit as well.

http://www.extremeheatprotection.com

This is the best stuff I've ever found. I was liquidating a Chrysler plant 5 years ago and found some on all the wiring in the dyno cells. I had to Un wire it all and they were gonna chuck the loom and tubing. I kept a ton of it and I've not melted even an outerwear since.