Wellsville Hilclimb Competition

tylercaz99shee

I have never rode there but many of the wellsville guys in that vid come down to Pa to play on the coal hills. From my understanding, wellsville is not too terrible steep. The things that make their hills challenging are the roots, rocks, ruts, ect. All those guys basically run are stock 450s, 400s, and 250r(370's). And as you can see they mostly run knobbies or pro wedge tires. When they come to pa, most of them all put on longer swingers and all run paddles for our steeps. I will say one thing about those boys, there are fearless and care not one bit about fucking up there quad/bike. They have way bigger balls then ability. Haha. They are cool as fuck tho.

I've ridden wellsvile many times! Rolled the banshee there at least twice. The hills there are no joke; everything for long moderate rocky climbs, steep rocky/rutted stuff, to straight up a wall type shit. As special said, the "regulars" there are a special breed. The vw-based dune buggy things that run out there are fucking nuts also. 

• 1 month later...

Was anyone on her at this, or heard of this? i only seen one banshee in the video. Would love to go this summer if anyone knows the dates please let me know.

This is really neat, I hadn't considered hill-climbing as a thing in itself. I know some pretty enormous hills where I ride. Got up one of them I wasn't sure I would.

I had really poor tread on my rear tires. Got some rear Razr Ballances and front Razr XCs, there's one hill in particular out in the dunes I'd like to get up. Impossibly steep and soft.