How to run drag bike without radiator?

The Doctor

X2

Don't have to purge every time

I'm in the same boat got a new 100inch wheelbase chassis and haven't found a radiator yet that fits decent doesn't look like shit

I don't plan on hot laping but as soon as I don't then something will come up that I will have to for some reason then it's pushing it

Can always buy a resi tank of turbo chassis I guess

Why drag race and not run alky? The only draw back is extra consumption but if it's strictly a track bike I don't see any problem?

We drag race & some of the race gas makes more HP than alky. What it doesn't do is make more torque. Either way we are fast on both fuels, but chose to run specific race gas most of the time.

We drag race & some of the race gas makes more HP than alky. What it doesn't do is make more torque. Either way we are fast on both fuels, but chose to run specific race gas most of the time.

Interesting, I've heard of that oxygenated fuel making a lot of hp, but didn't know it made more than alky. But it's expensive, runs hotter, and is probably harder to find. I could be wrong, but I like alky haha

Interesting, I've heard of that oxygenated fuel making a lot of hp, but didn't know it made more than alky. But it's expensive, runs hotter, and is probably harder to find. I could be wrong, but I like alky haha

I have a trusted guy at VP & that's is what I was told. Then I tried it & found it to be true.

I like both fuels, but mainly run race gas, but change to the oxygenated stuff when heads up.

The oxygenated fuel will not run as cool as the alky, but does run cooler than standard race gas. That's because of the volume of fuel you have to run thru the motor.

<----- doesn't purge bike but once a year. Been running the same engine for three years with no failures. Knock on wood.

How do you pull this off? I was under the impression that you had to purge if you were going to store for a week or more.

^ that's the best option. 20:1 and purge that shit at the end of the year.

So the more oil the more time you can let sit up?

How do you pull this off? I was under the impression that you had to purge if you were going to store for a week or more.

Easy, shut bangshee off, put in trailer, forget about it. Next race, turn on fuel and fire up! I shouldn't be a smart ass but I had a Blaster that was NEVER purged for three years. Little bastard never had an engine failure. I may go a month between it running and haven't had a problem. I purge mine at the end of the season and usually spray fogging oil in the intakes and exhaust port. I store the engine in my basement of the house.

Unless you are purging with gas that you know doesn't have ethanol in it, your just putting a different type of alky into the motor anyways.

• Like 1