silver lake

70duster

Planning on going out to silver lake atleast once this year. Want to no what to expect when I get there. Have 1 banshee with full bills exhaust supposedly came with arrestors built in the other bone stock. Will I need to get a set of silencers for the stock pipes? If so which should I look into? Also do they check sound decibels? Heard different stories before.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to play it on the safe side, I would have spark arrestors all set up and ready to go. I would also repack your silencers because they do randomly check decibel levels. If you don't have paddles, I would get some. Most of everything else you would need can be purchased at a store across the street from the dunes. As for getting in, there has been tons of meetings and talk about changing the voucher system to try and accommodate more people. Holiday weekends are very busy, but fun to watch all the crazy people. Best thing you can do is call up there and try to get the low down on the current rules. When are you looking to go? I go up there about once a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Each time I go there, they simply insert a rod into your exhaust to check for a spark arrestor.  They will check for the correct flag height too. If you want in quick during really busy weekends, I suggest not taking a trailer but set your truck up to go out on the dunes.  I once had to wait 4 hours in a parking lot because I had a trailer.  If I would have brought my truck only and stacked my quads in the back, I could have driven right onto the dunes, found a sweet parking spot and unloaded my toys. 

Im thinking of buying a rack that goes on the bed of my truck that fits two quads on it, just so i dont have to go into the parking lot at silver lake. Even on slow weekends its a pain to get into the parking lot on saturday and sunday. I would recomend going on a thursday, so you can ride a couple days when the dunes are less crowded, and then trying to go in on the weekend to see all the sweet rides.

70duster... There is something fun about going on a Saturday. You will see a lot more drag racing and other billy-bob mobiles on the dunes. I have been there on a Thursday and its fun and peaceful, but seeing and participating in the racing is fun. My advice is to go on a none holiday weekend and call the silver lake dunes and figure out any new rules they have. I will be up there with my group on june 12-14. Its a great time to go because it won't be crazy busy but there will be enough people to make it a ball.

• 2 months later...