Resurrecting The 1/4 Mile Bike

SlowerThanYou

I don't know the exact count on the race vehicles at the track this weekend; somewhere between 600 - 700. This is only a small portion of our pit area.

All%201_zpsvimy915g.jpg

Look there, I think we found the one and only quad. LOL!

All%20Alone_zpssi7rjtad.jpg

Justin's best reaction was a .012 & that qualified him #8 in the 19 bike field. Eliminations are tomorrow. We struggled a little with a different clutch set-up, but got it somewhat corrected for the 3rd qualifying pass. We ran our quickest ET so far in the worst air, it hit 90*.

All%202_zpsswr5fmp0.jpg

I have weent as far as having arms made out of diffrent materials to reduce centrifugal force and just add weights if needed , my small motor doesn't need much weight if any on most tracks . Multistage is much better option in adjustability and quickness of adjustment. I got my boys r1 pretty spot on in 3 passes on the street

I have weent as far as having arms made out of diffrent materials to reduce centrifugal force and just add weights if needed , my small motor doesn't need much weight if any on most tracks . Multistage is much better option in adjustability and quickness of adjustment. I got my boys r1 pretty spot on in 3 passes on the street

This motor & lock-up has been a 1.30 60' on sand with Angel (our lightest rider) riding it in the sand chassis. I just wanted to get some standard lock-up tuning back under my belt. Before switching back to the Multi-Stage to show the performance differences.

Edited by SlowerThanYou

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to test the quad tonight, but decided to race it in points tomorrow & maybe Sun. The T&T was $35 & to race is $40. Justin is on vacation & not racing. So, maybe I can take some of his competitor's out this weekend. Plus, get the testing done on the Multi-stage set-up. I will also be racing the Camaro, racing 2 classes should keep me busy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The quad has been sitting untouched since June 26. That's the longest I ever went without touching it. I could get use to that!

Anyway working on the quad today. Angel is going to race it this coming Sat. It will be nice to have it back out at the track again. We will see if he has the balls to run 1/4 mile with it.

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to take the quad out for the last time this year on asphalt. We've been talking with a few people about 300' & some hill shooting with it again. The 300' is OK with our single a-arm set-up, but a no go for the hill.

The plan right now is to get it ready for 300' BAKO Drags in Feb. Then we want to get another stock frame & have a double a-arm set-up. That way we can have another multi-purpose quad like the old 7mm Cub set-up.

• Like 1