Resurrecting The 1/4 Mile Bike

SlowerThanYou

Very simple I upgraded my cdi launch cntrl set up to all in one Dyna. What rpm would you recommend programming the limiter in at . I had this set up on gas 2 yrs ago and ran my best et and 60 ft . I have changed to alky since then and went back to stock electronics while my mph went up considerably my 60 ft is terrible IMO without launch cntrl (too inconsistent ). Not much change in et but if I get my 60 s back down where they should be my goal is low 10s. I was set at 6k with 93 lbs of base pressure on clutch 6.8 grams on the fingers ,fingers are also lightened 2 grams a peice the issue I was having with the alky and limiter was loading up b4 I dumped the clutch with the pj just dumping fuel in , if I squeezed the pj it ran lean on top and mph suffered so in a nutshell setting it up for limiter again . I also wasn't sure if this is why your on gas now

I'm also doing a lot of changes this yr to set up rite now I'm on a +6 arm , while this set up dead hooks in the rain on the street it suffers and beats me up at the track, I plan on at least a +10 arm but up for suggestions. My motor is in need of a fresh in up so I'm changing a few lil things that need attention. I'm going with grand river pipes , keeping my scp for another bike.

Very simple I upgraded my cdi launch cntrl set up to all in one Dyna. What rpm would you recommend programming the limiter in at . I had this set up on gas 2 yrs ago and ran my best et and 60 ft . I have changed to alky since then and went back to stock electronics while my mph went up considerably my 60 ft is terrible IMO without launch cntrl (too inconsistent ). Not much change in et but if I get my 60 s back down where they should be my goal is low 10s. I was set at 6k with 93 lbs of base pressure on clutch 6.8 grams on the fingers ,fingers are also lightened 2 grams a peice the issue I was having with the alky and limiter was loading up b4 I dumped the clutch with the pj just dumping fuel in , if I squeezed the pj it ran lean on top and mph suffered so in a nutshell setting it up for limiter again . I also wasn't sure if this is why your on gas now

You have a few questions going on here & one I don't want to discuss in the open or in PM. I will PM my email & cell & you make the choice.

Now, the launch limiter rpm is really dependent on the clutch set-up, motor size, rider/bike weight & other factors. Anyway, we have never set the limiter that low on anything. I would start no lower than 7K, but want to give you an idea what we run. We started at 7,300 & as we learned our clutch & started improving it our Launch RPM went up. Our basic range for the launch is between 8,000- 10.500 depending on many different factors.

As for the stock electronics it's very limited, but it does do a great job with the top-end. A properly set up Dyna will give a better mid range power curve & still pull on the top if set-up correctly. The factory Dyna #3 curve is what we use as a baseline. We raise & lengthen that plateau in the curve, then pull the timing similar to the stock curve.

Now, for the alky issue there is a fix. I will point you in the right direction, but it's up to you to use your smarts. A call is probably the easiest way.

I'm also doing a lot of changes this yr to set up rite now I'm on a +6 arm , while this set up dead hooks in the rain on the street it suffers and beats me up at the track, I plan on at least a +10 arm but up for suggestions. My motor is in need of a fresh in up so I'm changing a few lil things that need attention. I'm going with grand river pipes , keeping my scp for another bike.

As for the swingarm length. As you know the track & street need to different arm lengths. I need some basics on track set-up. Like bike & rider weight, motor size & tire size

The old wreckage is getting ready to make the trip to Phoenix. Leaving on Fri. & should return Sun. evening if everything goes right. Hopefully, the boys get some light testing done on it also.

When it comes back, I will have to get it tuned for the 1/4 mile. I set up our old back-up 39 PWKs, with a 185 main jet, one size richer than the 443 Cub. The timing will be pulled back a couple degrees. The gearing will stay the same. The lock-up will be a standard one & not the multi-stage.

Everything is going to be a safe & conservative initial set-up. We are not looking to set the world on fire with this combo. Looking to run mid 10s, get my son his 1st Championship & also be the 1st NHRA ATV to win a Championship!

Any question on the set-up, ask them. As normal, I will not divulge clutch base pressure or timing curve specifics.

BansheeMove_zps29204c48.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Buy new and keep your old ass off of it. lol

We will run the bruised up plastic. Not out to win a looks contest, just go fast & win a championship.

No plastics ftw.

My wife loves the no plastic look, but NHRA is pretty strict on rules. So, plastic it's & I like it better with plastics also.

• Like 1