Niche Aftermarket Cylinders available at a signifigant discount for willing testers

I remember reading that, and you saying you had no idea what happened to them. Did I miss redlines input on them somwhere?

Sent from your mammy house

He told me they were nice cylinders and they could be ported to run like OEM ported.

He just doesn't have time to fuck with them for fun.

• 2 weeks later...

threw these cylinders in the corner since last time i posted but i noticed something today. stud holes in the left cylinder base arent sqaure and had to be reamed out. im sure ill find more issue as i go along. havent checked the overall heights or flatness of the base and top deck yet but since they were moving around pretty good on the case im betting all decks will need to be straightened up. straight edge across the top of both cylinders when the were mounted on the case confirmed this

the average joe likely wouldnt notice all the little nuances that ive pointed out. the more i think about it, i probly would of been better off resleeving some worn out stockers

one cylinder aint bad visually, regarding the casting. the other cylinder is horrible. the front stud pocket wasnt cast correctly, stud holes not sqaure. pretty sure i mentioned earlier about the horrible transfer mismatch between the sleeve and casting. not a big deal if your porting but to run them out of the box i can imagine they would be a turd

since one of my cylinders is better than the other, its possible some sets will be better than others. you may have got a decent set with not as many flaws. still if you were to look close, im sure theres plenty of bumps in the road if you know what i meen

no i didnt know they were a sponsor. bought this set off ebay but it wasnt from niche directly because niche told me they were only selling them with pistons but some shop on ebay was splitting them up and selling just the cylinders. already had pistons so i just needed the cylinders. didnt bother contacting the ebay seller because i already had the paint stripped off before i noticed some of the issues. ill make em work but if i ever buy another set ill go over them with a fine tooth comb soon as i get em out of the box. then again ill probly just resleeve some stockers next time

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

1) Port size inconsistency noted, we're making some improvements to this that should reduce the amount of install prep work in the future

2) We did add a little more meat to the exterior of the casting near the intake ports to cut reduce the need for welding on less aggressive ports, we are revisiting to see if we can add more to the mould safely... Will keep everyone posted when i know the final answer.

3) These cylinders are a work in progress, and although we aren't going to be able to make everyone's suggestions happen, we're more then open to constructive criticism, this is what builds a good product.

Finally, if anyone has received a set that they aren't happy with, send me a PM, and i will get you a replacement set if necessary... your feedback is important.

• Like 2

Cool. Good to see you check back in with the people that actually use these. Not some backyard guy that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I think the people here and the actual builders are the best to talk to.

As much shit as RU catches here he made a good call on the port size. He was the first to mention that.

• Like 3

the extra material at the intake side and between the transfers on the exterior was a good idea and greatly reduces the amount of welding needed. thats one good thing about these cylinders. if the machining and attention to detail was a bit better these would be a nice cylinder well worth $300. maybe the ones i got was just a bad batch. ill send you a pm. it would be really cool if you could just exchange my set for a new set, since these ones have a couple defective areas

• Like 1

• 6 months later...