Initial idle screw setting on 35mm PWK

JasonsBanshee

I've searched and searched with no luck.  I'm setting up my carbs for my new cub motor.  So far I have

168 mains

52 pilots

clip on the 4th on the CEL needles

air screws out 1 full turn from seated

But where should I start the idle screw at?  Of course once I get it fired up, I'll sync the carbs and adjust the idle accordingly, but I need to know where to start.  

Thanks!

---

Specs that affect jetting (if it even matters for the idle adjustment)

800 feet above sea level

in frame shearer

35mm PWK

clamp on K&Ns

VF4

ported cub

I have no idea about 35mm PWK's, but from my knowledge of setting up stock carbs, I would imagine while holding the carb in your hand and looking at the slide from the filter, you would screw in the idle screw until it touches the slide and moves the slide up 1mm or so, maybe a touch less?

Experts?

I have no idea about 35mm PWK's, but from my knowledge of setting up stock carbs, I would imagine while holding the carb in your hand and looking at the slide from the filter, you would screw in the idle screw until it touches the slide and moves the slide up 1mm or so, maybe a touch less?

Experts?

I do the same thing, then once fired up and warm, dial it all in once and for all.

Stock carb idle screws have a lock nut.

And I also use blue lock tight.

It breaks free, and then they do not loosen by themselves.

In this link, there is an exploded view.  http://www.keihincarbs.com/tips/gate.html

Item 4 is the idle screw.

By what I see, there should be a spring that doesn't allow the idle screw to loosen.

Do you have the spring too?

I use metal idle screws and spring in my 35's, always stay where I put them. The lighter springs are nice as well. Also use the longer adjusters up on the caps, for all of it is a few extra bux, so why not!

I use all of this...just think Jason, now you WILL call Jeff again right now and get them hahaha.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=119