PSDA Weight Limit

J-Madd

<p>In their defense, much of the suggestions and gripes, etc are from people who never attend a race. I remember all the Bitchin about the 4 stroke classes in the past when there would be less than 6 at the race anyway. </p>

<p>Blah Blah.... I missed a total of 5 ps races that they put on. I've been to LA multiple times! IMO PSDA is/has become PS without the Ohton bs. Once again there is little to no changes with safety or implementing rules to help gain attention by large corporations. AND not a single race in the western half of the country. It is what it is and that's all it will ever be. I'll make a psda race just to go say hello to some old friends but I will not be entering a bike. I see no reason too. </p>

<p>In their defense, much of the suggestions and gripes, etc are from people who never attend a race. I remember all the Bitchin about the 4 stroke classes in the past when there would be less than 6 at the race anyway. </p>

Not that my opinion really matters. My junk has went once & might go again this year. If some things, rules & safety don't change. We will stop supporting PSDA.

Just an example: I looked in their rules to find a operating kill lanyard, I couldn't find it. There are safety issues they are ignoring that could affect the racer in the other lane & even spectators. 

In their defense, much of the suggestions and gripes, etc are from people who never attend a race. I remember all the Bitchin about the 4 stroke classes in the past when there would be less than 6 at the race anyway.

Maybe they are waiting for established rules and changes.

I can make it to a couple races a year but you want to know why I chose not to!!! It was said on pro sand that for the guys wanting the weight limits to just race index or bracket race well if that's how they feel why not just race all the local tracks... I'm done with the whole weight thing any way...

Edited by locogato11283

• 1 year later...

Dead horse. There has been no safety gains let alone structure gains. Sad sad sad..... lots of great racers have moved on, my hats off to the few who still do it. This motorsport will never go anywhere until there is structured rules and they are enforced.

It's cool to see how far guys will go and the trick stuff guys are coming up. But it definitely comes at a price when you start putting them on the diet that some guys do. I've definitely been at tracks and seen bikes that should not even run unless there is a fresh grade. Even then, still kinda sketchy.

Sure, its cool (I don't think so, but that has no relevance) HOWEVER, how is the sport ever going to gain popularity with big corporate sponsorship when what they are looking at doesn't even remotely resemble an ATV of any sort. Why would they pay to sponsor a series or a race when 90% of the junk on the track has no place to display their logo, nor does it look safe enough to ride. Nobody is going to sponsor an event where the machines look that unsafe and there is no real rules. I've said this a 100 times before. To be COMPETITIVE in the PSDA the cost to payout ratio is higher than any other form of motorsport that I know of.  The only way to close that gap is with large corporate sponsorship for the series or an individual race. And until there are changes made to the structure of the organization and its rules that will never happen. It is obvious to me that this is not the direction that PSDA wants to go, which is fine. They obviously have a model that doesn't involve large growth, which will keep it simple, and keep it as "the good ol boys" races. But this will prevent growth, and IMO ultimately be the death of the association. I know lots of guys out here in the west that have hung it up because of these things, and you cant blame them.  I miss the people probably more than I do the racing. I will make another event one of these days just to say hi, eat the food, drink the beer, and take it all in. But I do not see me building/buying a bike to take/send. 

• Like 1

Agreed.

Don't ever see your self just putting the dunes ever, huh? Like just a stock frame and 421 CUB or something simple. Or would that just lead to the ol' "well I'm at it, I might as well just...."

if I was to go back to the dunes as a hobby it would be in a SxS. But, I'm not really into the dune thing. Even where I went to the dunes it was just to race, I rarely just went and rode the dunes. I'm pretty content with the boating scene, and don't really see me picking up another hobby. As I get older I'm learning that one hobby per season is plenty, and it's far easier to justify the money if I can do that hobby regularly, rather than just once or twice a month.

Some people get sand in their vaginas way to easily and should stay off the dunes. I think I had the first ever big bike destroying crash at an HQ ride dragracing, there were 2 more that day. I came back to camp crosseyed, drank a beer, took 2 advil and went back out to trail ride. Its stupid to bitch about all the danger in racing when we all like it because MFers with big balls are riding the piss out of bikes doing what the average sxs or trail rider would NOT do. I agree the same fast guys will still be faster and the guys that cant ride , port, setup a bike, or tune will still be wayy slower.

• Like 1