PSDA Weight Limit

J-Madd

I suppose a minimum weight requirement is OK..

But, here's what I see happening.. Let's say the requirement is 400 pounds (bike+rider)

The bike weighs 300.. The bike owner finds a 100 pound person to ride it.

The bike weighs 325.. The bike owner finds a 75 pound person to ride it.

Until there is a weight restriction on the rider, I don't see how it makes much difference.

Where the fuck am I gonna find a 80lb quad to race? Fat guys are fucked :(

• Like 2

What about a 500lb combined bike and rider. Then people will bitch about where the light bike/jockey combo places the ballast weights. no one will ever be happy. like the prego suit idea for jockeys. that should be tried and filmed at the hq ride.

Already did that last year I wore a prego suit the whole weekend most just called me fat??

Here we go (again)

EDIT-

I had a well written long explanation of why I think that these should be implemented, but its was just a long windy like post that would have zero impact on the outcome (much like voting for a president) Facts are facts! Lawnmower racing has more structure, more television exposure, and more corporate sponsorship and backing than the sand drags do. If these people think its ok to spend 10-100k a year for a hobby than more power to them. I will not drive clear across the fucking country to race at a glorified hillbilly reunion. 

Side note. You guys can have all the weight rules you want. When someone PILES it up at one of these big races and sustains life ending or changing injury right in front of peoples fucking faces. Maybe then, just then, some of the other issues that need to be addressed will get looked at. Ignorance is great, right until you say goodbye to a friend as you load them into an ambulance with the thought you wont see them again. Good luck, fuck it. IM OUT.

I don't never see it happening but a lot of people seem to like the idea. I talked to some racers, and the ones that's wins does like the idea and the ones that ain't competitive wants a weight limit. I personally am on the fence.

I'm all for a weight limit.. and I feel I can be competitive in my class.. my bike is 221lbs now and looking to be around 203lbs to 205lbs next year. I think its like beating a dead horse on this debate. I see history repeating its self.... Edited by phunt

• 3 weeks later...

book.gif WE WANT YOUR INPUT star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif prosanddrags offline.gif
QUADRACER
star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif

Everyone this is for the racers, builders, track owners, etc that would like to put their input in regarding our new assocition. We have a board established now that will come together annually to discuss safety, rules, and classes. Please keep the comments positive as this is for the good. No bashing of other sites or what has been done in the past. We are moving forward for the good and look to create an exciting race atmosphere!

It's pretty funny PSDA posted this in their Suggestions Section. They ask for input, but don't like what's being brought up. The weight minimum is one of the topics along with safety. Nitrobaby finally made it clear there would be no weight minimums. He was on the fence about it a year ago.

They seem to be sticking their heads in the sand & ignoring the safety suggestions. It sure would be smart of them just to delete their "WE WANT YOUR INPUT" thread.