Whats the truth behind Long Travel on a banshee, who is running one?

It wasnt too long ago everyone on this site was saying there was no point in running a long travel front end on a banshee due to the geometry of the frame.

Now it appears LT is the way to go.

So whats the truth behind this?

Need to know because Im looking for new A arms and maybe shocks.

Thanks in advance

Peter

You cannot get a true LT setup out of the stock Banshee frame.

You'd have to go to one of the aftermarket LT frames to make that happen.

I am running the Laeger LT arms and Fox Float Evols on mine now.

Honestly, the price is right on them. You can have an LT setup for basically the same as LT if you're buying new arms and shocks.

Check with ATV Galaxy. They have pretty killer shock/a-arm deals. Some of them include brake lines and clamps even.

Banshees can have longer travel. But Yfz 450 is the standard of long travel.

That's why some convert the frame but I would just get as much as you can with stock frame.

Alba racing gulf wing a arms with yfzr shocks 18.25 inches. Work well for the money

Edited by thomas h.

I own a LONG TRAVEL  banshee set up best move I ever made. I run all custom axis shocks. before I went long travel was running all standard travel custom axis shocks. standard travel drop the banshee 5ft out of the air to a flat bottom landing the suspension would bottom shafts out so hard. now long travel drop the same bike 13ft out of the air smooth landing , sometimes I get twisted in the air land on 1 front tire with long travel set up lands like on pillow. do the samething standard travel  land one tire first front tire and the shocks bottoming out and flipping you over and busting your face up. IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY , I RACE MY BANSHEE ON MX TRACKS AGAINST 450S ALL DAY NOW LONG TRAVEL. before hand would not even consider it. I run 18 3/4 long travel yfz shocks on the front cause they were a direct bolt on, and I had fireball racing make my arms specifically for the shock. hope this helps worth every penny watching people trying to keep up threw whoops on standard travel suspension.

I guess thats what I was looking for. Im running +3+1 a arms with standard travel Axis dual rate shocks with remote ressy's.

Im looking for new a arms but want to stick with +3+1, so Im limited to what brand because not everyone makes them in that size.  So I was trying  to figure out if I should just get another set of a arms and stick with the Axis, or bite the bullet and get LT +3+1 a ams and new shocks as well because I would be forced to?

I figure I need the a arms anyhow so I may as well go the extra mile and get a better set up with LT if its worth it.  

Edited by peterlocal22

Lew Jr. always called his creation the Trophy Truck Travel. 

His green bike is insane!

Who is Lew Jr. ? Looks like one of Dean Sundahl's creations....? Looks pretty sweet! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lew Jr. from Twister Crank.

He built 3-4 Sundahl style set-ups with some improvements. Custom Billet Bat Wing upper A-arms, Boxed swing arms that look like Trophy Truck trailing arms, Ran his Green bike on ELKA's but tried a few other shock set-ups on his buddies machines. Crazy rear travel on a +4 arm.