Ruger 10/22

sprinklerman

Phil the 10/22 is the most simple gun to work on ever! (until you get inside the trigger) on an OEM gun you loosen and remove the band on the front, then remove the take down screw which is under the gun and in front of the trigger and the stock literally falls off. You will be left with a receiver and a barrel in your hand. Two pins push out (sometimes fall out) and the trigger assembly falls out. The barrel is held on with a lock wedge, two Allen headed bolts and BOOM its all apart. Most of it anyways. At that point a stock and barrel change are as simple as reverse the process. The 10/22 is like a banshee, you can go mild to wild just all depends on your budget. Don't be afraid to buy an older gun that has the metal trigger housing, the newer ones are polymer. You can buy complete trigger groups or parts kits many places including ebay. A trigger job and an extended mag release are the 2 best initial changes. Getting your fat fingers into the factory mag release is a joke. Its actually ironic you posted this today, my new ruger charger (10/22 pistol) arrives today and I'll post a pic of it later. Here are 2 of my 10/22s. Im an addict for these things!

This is a 100% aftermarket setup. VQ trigger, billet rear charge handle receiver, billet bolt, Ti extractor yada yada. I've never shot it so I can tell you if its worth a shit or not.

Posted Image

I've shot this one a little. Pretty well all OEM with the exception of the stock and barrel. I've got a VQ trigger group for this but haven't installed it yet.

Posted Image

As for optics, I've seen guys use 40 dollar scopes and be just as successful as the guys with 1k scopes. I run a BSA on one my others with good success and it wasn't horribly spendy. The red gun has a burris on it now but I haven't had a chance to shoot it.

Those are a boyds barracuda series. They just started making them again. If you look up 10/22 stock on ebay there are several on there that are similar and come in an array of color options.

ty, i will check them out.

Thanks for the info. Those stocks are sweet! On the to do list now. I've disassembled my Marlin a couple times without issue, but I've never taken the trigger mechanism apart. Breaking down the Ruger shouldn't be an issue. ..it's the trigger mechanism is what I don't want to get into.

Academy has the base model for 199.00..When they get them in. You just never know though.

This is the marlin I have. Posted Image I put a nice scope mount on it and a Simmons .22 mag 3-9×32 scope on it. The little gun is pretty accurate for me. The trigger is holding me back a touch though.

I still want to find that Ruger though, as I had one before and really liked it..plus the aftermarket support is tremendous compared to the Marlin.

• Like 1