What can I expect? 4 mil cheetah cub.

cciao

Doing a rebuild a blown banshee and was thinking rather than doing a 4 mil Nd buying everything new , bored, ported. Why not just buy the 421 cheetah cub kit. I think I would be better off.

My question is a 4 mil kit for me? What can I expect? I want to set up for Xc/woods/ drag for fun and sometimes mx. I don't race but like to go fast. Only owned one other shee that was mainly bolt on performance -pipes, reeds, milled head, bored, timing plate. I thought it was fun and fast. Question is , I never rode a 4mil what's it like? Is it too much for my riding style? Thanks

In general....to much of a "top end power" kind of motor. The cubs only really shine in the higher RPM's. Other than the occasional drag race...the cub will be a bad fit for your kind or riding.

(Some will claim to be able to ride almost anything in the trails) but I feel that a cub is overkill for the kind of riding your into.

If you have never ridden a well built stock style cylinder bike...then your in for a treat.

I'd contact a site sponsor about building a nice ported 4 mill. Don't go talking about dragracing. Just get a good play port.

HJR

FAST

REDLINE

They can all hook you up.

Don't chase big HP numbers. 60-65HP is a ton of fun and won't be an overpowered handfull that needs a massive swingarm.

• Like 1

I run a 4mil stock cylinder, 4 mil aggressive dune port, 65.00mm bore, Coolhead w/ 19cc stroker cut domes (pump gas), FMF Gold Series, timing plate +7, VF3, billet intakes stock carbs.. It runs pretty sweet, massive improvement over a stock stroke motor... alot more torque for sure!  I do the same kind of riding you do, and was thinking 421 cub or serval until I did the research on the 4mil stock cylinder set-up.. Glad I went this way it's a blast to ride in the woods.. Not overpowered, just.. Perfect! LOL

• Like 1

Oregon has some really sweet dunes and with a little research on here you can get a good idea of what type of motors are really working out there in all the idiot holes. Lew at twister is in Boring Oregon out there, but I bet you would also be extremely happy with Cam at redline as well.

so i have a few questions on this topic, first what is the life on a 4 mil w/t the stock cylinder( not racing just riding sand dune's) and also any recommendations for anyone in Oregon that can build that set up?

There are several top quality builders in Oregon. Redline and White Knuckle are both site sponsors and do great work. Twister is also here in OR.