left side gets hotter way b4 right side.

ok fellas, i got the cub together and did a leakdown test, i lost 1psi in 6mins, is that acceptable? so now my left side pipe heats up almost instantly, gets hotter way b4 the right side. i switched coils, both have spark bc i got shocked on both sides. switched plugs also and still have the same outcome. i thought maybe it was my carbs but both are syncd pulling 4even on the tool, i even switched the carb on the cold side with another one and still got the same outcome. what else kud it be??

I agree with possum carb sync. 1 lb in six mins is ok

possible spark plugs cap issue so swap those too.

Reeds are good yes? Compression is good too?

Maybe your choke is flowing on the one side.

You tryed swapping carbs and the problem stayed on the same side? The side that gets hot quick is it getting hot at a normal rate? How is the performance? Maybe a plug chop will show more info.

Ok carbs are synced, swapped coils and caps, reeds are brand new vf3, cleaned out carbs completely. Im Still having the same problem!! As soon as the bike starts up I give it 10 seconds and the left side pipe becomes hot and right side is still ice cold. Left side pipe is also pushing out more smoke and compression than the right side. If I let it run for a few min the right side exhaust becomes warm by the header and the left side is hott as hell all the way to my silencer. Kud it be my rings on the piston?? I pulls my shearers off and I can see into the cylinder and they look good. Haven't did a compression test yet bc the tester is at my boys crib. 1st time I did the test b4 I had to rebuild bc of an air leak it was at 150psi, I'll have to do it again today and see where it's at. Choke is good also. I swapped the right side carb with another 34mm pj and got the same results. I belive it gotta be something on the left side only bc of how hott it gets that fast. I'm at a standstill on what it kud be. Please help fellas I wanna ride out already.

Edited by bansheeboie

Still can't seem to figure this out fellas. I pulled the choke in today and started it up and the right side had a Lil more compression and smoke coming out but still burn like the left side. I tried ev thing and nuthn seems to work.

Ok i did a compression test today and at first I got 125 left and 128 right for the first few times. Then after a little bit I tried again and it went to 149 and 150! Which is where it shud be. Idk if it was my gauge or something but it finally started to work right. I also spoke to hjr and he said that it's normal for a fresh motor to do this until you get a few revolutions in the cylinder, as the fuel may not have ignited in the one cylinder at the same time as the other and to putt it around for a min and it shud pick up. I'm goin to give this a try tomorrow as well as gap my plugs to 0.18. As far as the flywheel how do I measure?

• 2 years later...