Shearer or sniper pipes

So,,is it one of these 3 things ??:

1. The market for performance Banshee engines isnt what it used to be,and just like the economy in general, builders are hesitant to try and invest in new ideas and technology ? For fear of wasting precious time and money that they no longer have the luxury of wasting?

2. They HAVE tried the new pipes,DID the R&D, and found them as a minor improvement at best ,and not worth it?

3. They HAVE NOT tried them for fear of some "repercussions" from certain "players" in the aftermarket Banshee world?

Shearer has tested Sniper pipes more than a year ago, still waiting on that review?

Many have tested them. But your not going to see an established outfit post that because that would be unprofessional. Then we would have the whole debate about what dyno, who did the test, did they tune to the pipe, was the motor built for the other pipe, blah, blah blah.

I've seen runs...but won't source them, nor post the results because I wasn't the one doing the testing. But if I do the tuning and testing as research for someone...then it's fair game.

Many have tested them. But your not going to see an established outfit post that because that would be unprofessional. Then we would have the whole debate about what dyno, who did the test, did they tune to the pipe, was the motor built for the other pipe, blah, blah blah.

I've seen runs...but won't source them, nor post the results because I wasn't the one doing the testing. But if I do the tuning and testing as research for someone...then it's fair game.

I looked up the cubs today with records, the fastest Cub with a record runs a RDZ pipe or did when the record was set.

What would be unprofessional about a builder telling his customers what pipe runs the best on his engines? Multiple builders testing Snipers with no results from any do not add up. JMO

:clap: X2 :clap:

Someone call Gary and tell him John will either promote or demote his pipe better than anyone. If he has faith in his design, he'll send them. I'm running SB Shearers on my REDLINE 10 mill on 110 VP right now.

As you all know...I'm not afraid of the "Politics" in this sport. Do do good and I'll tell the world. :headbang: (Just look at my info and interests....it's a dedication to the guys who get it right.) ;)

You screw me over and then your in a year long Trinity rant. :evil:

DYNO TESTING....it's what it's all about guys. No "BUTT DYNO" debates on my end. I'm serious....any of you have a set of pipes you want to test, just get them in a box and I'll get them on the dyno with a motor in the range of what your running. Yes YOUR paying the shipping....but I'm donating all the work and dyno time. Your not going to get offers like that every day. :shrugani:

Let's end all the myths about pipes and start shaking them down in some real tests.

Windy, your are sitting there with 4 dyno sheets from 4 engine builders, all of them showing Sniper to not be a very good pipe (you say). Why would you in another thread Ask Jim or Gary to send you some pipes that you already have dyno numbers on? And then say you would promote them if they are good.

Do you have some sort of issue with Passion or Sniper, because that is what it sounds like? Your are saying to buy Shearer and not Sniper because he has all the records, that is not true either.

It seems the people that own Sniper's love them and some people that don't have or cannot afford Sniper's hate them! Why??????

OK FUCK THE PRICE ISSUE FOR REAL. You guys and me are spending THOUSANDS of dollars not only on engine mods, but also suspension and style mods. So don't tell me $800 for an exhaust that is said to be a 10+hp over the nearest pipe is out of your budget. I think the real issue is, that there is almost ZERO legitimate reviews on them. I'm not talking about a guy saying "oh i have snipers and love them", great I know people with DG's who love them, that shit doesnt work. I have a friend who thinks his banshee is the fastest thing since jet airplanes, little does he know he maybe has 45 hp (not very fast). So what seems like an awesome addition to some (switching from whatever to snipers) may be a huge improvement, others may think its no improvement if any. WE need evidence, dynos, shootouts, trials etc. Different motors, same motor, motors ported to those individual pipes. This shit will go NO where until we get some actual real tests on these. I personally am sick of hearing about them with almost no back up. As god aweful as my shearers fit, I still wouldnt run anything different, all builders recommend them for my motor type and most builders had no clue what snipers even where, or had no interest in me buying them to try out. So with that said, I'm sticking with shearer until these things get proven, which they very well may not be, they very well may be. You would think the 6 people who have these sniper pipes would be wlling to send their pipes out for a shoot out, no one seems like they are? Hell I will ship my shearers out to test side by side. I will pay shipping both ways too and even include a baby ruth and a pepsi

I have tested snipers on 3 different bikes that had 3 different builders. All showed drop in e.t and picked up mph. I also shipped out the inframes that I had to two different people, from my understanding they really liked them. You want try them shoot me a pm with your info, and you pay shipping both ways.

"Many have tested them. But your not going to see an established outfit post that because that would be unprofessional. Then we would have the whole debate about what dyno, who did the test, did they tune to the pipe, was the motor built for the other pipe, blah, blah blah."

WINDYCITYJOHN also quoted

"DYNO TESTING....it's what it's all about guys. No "BUTT DYNO" debates on my end."

Yea, it works in both directions, doesn't it.

To my knowledge the pipes have only been "properly "tested by 3 individuals. 1)Lonnie Eubanks(Sandtrax Tulsa) dyno sheets posted all over the place. 2) RDZ, he stated it's the best inframe in the business. 3) Matt Shearer, stated to me face to face, .... "You have a really good pipe, you guys are all about acceleration". Ill take that as confirmation although I already knew that, otherwise we would have never released it in it's current form.

The results Ive posted in the past are factual and verified by a neutral source. Pick up the phone and call Sand Trax, the phone number is right there on the dyno sheets.

Results may be better than average...who knows. With all the bastardized port jobs floating around ,I suspect they are better than average....Jim

OK FUCK THE PRICE ISSUE FOR REAL. You guys and me are spending THOUSANDS of dollars not only on engine mods, but also suspension and style mods. So don't tell me $800 for an exhaust that is said to be a 10+hp over the nearest pipe is out of your budget. I think the real issue is, that there is almost ZERO legitimate reviews on them. I'm not talking about a guy saying "oh i have snipers and love them", great I know people with DG's who love them, that shit doesnt work. I have a friend who thinks his banshee is the fastest thing since jet airplanes, little does he know he maybe has 45 hp (not very fast). So what seems like an awesome addition to some (switching from whatever to snipers) may be a huge improvement, others may think its no improvement if any. WE need evidence, dynos, shootouts, trials etc. Different motors, same motor, motors ported to those individual pipes. This shit will go NO where until we get some actual real tests on these. I personally am sick of hearing about them with almost no back up. As god aweful as my shearers fit, I still wouldnt run anything different, all builders recommend them for my motor type and most builders had no clue what snipers even where, or had no interest in me buying them to try out. So with that said, I'm sticking with shearer until these things get proven, which they very well may not be, they very well may be. You would think the 6 people who have these sniper pipes would be wlling to send their pipes out for a shoot out, no one seems like they are? Hell I will ship my shearers out to test side by side. I will pay shipping both ways too and even include a baby ruth and a pepsi

That's what I thought too, not the extra 100 dollars. People are waiting for performance proof, what races and how many races has Sniper (running against Shearer piped bikes) won or placed well in?

This is one of the dunbest fights on this site!!! The pipes are way over priced we all know that. It comes down to one simple thing. If the pipes were sent out to other builders that could dyno test them side by side with other pipes and they were proven to build more power and fit better and look better and all that they would sell no questions ask! We will spend money we do not have to buy something to make our bikes faster we all know that. People saying well you can not get a big builder to test them and show the results becasue they do not want to piss Shearer off is total bull shit! I can promise you if I had a set of those pipes I could get a couple of builders to test them on many different bikes and post the real results no problem at all.

The pipes are a great pipe I have no doubt about that but the marketing of them has sucked to say the very least!!!!!