Shearer or sniper pipes

Their could be a better pipe out there and no one would be willing to try it. Its really quite a shame.. If everyone thought this way then there would never be any advancements in our sport. shrug.gif

Now I'm not saying snipers are better then shearers or CPI or any other pipe out there.

Are people really that ignorant to think that there is not a better pipe theory out there? that no one is capable of producing a better design? what would it take to get people to step outside the norm? Record setting bikes?? thats not going to happen because the builders are not willing to try other pipes either. So honestly.. What would it take to get people to try something different. Dyno numbers?? thats kinda of loaded proof also, Can't expect X pipe to compete with Y pipe when the motor was built from the ground for X pipe. And no builders are currently working with or have any intention on working with anything other then shearer.

So.. honest question. What would it take to get the drag industry to try something new?

People think I'm a sniper fan.. I've never used them. My point is. You can't find something better if you keep getting the same thing.

Their could be a better pipe out there and no one would be willing to try it. Its really quite a shame.. If everyone thought this way then there would never be any advancements in our sport. shrug.gif

Now I'm not saying snipers are better then shearers or CPI or any other pipe out there.

Are people really that ignorant to think that there is not a better pipe theory out there? that no one is capable of producing a better design? what would it take to get people to step outside the norm? Record setting bikes?? thats not going to happen because the builders are not willing to try other pipes either. So honestly.. What would it take to get people to try something different. Dyno numbers?? thats kinda of loaded proof also, Can't expect X pipe to compete with Y pipe when the motor was built from the ground for X pipe. And no builders are currently working with or have any intention on working with anything other then shearer.

So.. honest question. What would it take to get the drag industry to try something new?

People think I'm a sniper fan.. I've never used them. My point is. You can't find something better if you keep getting the same thing.

no one wants to try anything new because everyone is broke, and on wel-fare... ive been going back and forth about buying someone a set who has a dyno just to solve this issue once and for all.. everyone knows that Snipers fit better/quality is better than shearer.. but no one has compared to a engine that has been designed/ported by a neutral sorce to compare the pipes, prolly never will

Edited by Colby
  • Like 1

no one wants to try anything new because everyone is broke, and on wel-fare... ive been going back and forth about buying someone a set who has a dyno just to solve this issue once and for all.. everyone knows that Snipers fit better/quality is better than shearer.. but no one has compared to a engine that has been designed/ported by a neutral sorce to compare the pipes, prolly never will

If the snipers weren't so damn overpriced, more people would try them. Who can testify for the quality? The three people that have them? These threads are such a joke. I will buy a set of Shearers and a set of PWKs before someone ass bangs me for 800 bucks on a set of pipes.

Thats a very generous offer for sure.... my question is ,why dosent the builder/designer/marketer of the pipes , just provide a set to a few different neutral sources,or builders with dynos to try and test ? I dont see why any builder would pass on the opportunity to provide their customers with the gains that the Snipers have advertized. If they indeed DO perform as advertized , any builder would be crazy to pass on an extra 10+ HP on their engine packages. That would be a HUGE selling point.

I guess im a skeptic,but whats the hold up? Something isn't adding up to me..... :confused:

• Like 1

Matt, I dont think its quite that simple.. because then your testing a pipe on a motor setup for that pipe and the other isn't. Not fair for either pipe.. Even if the price was 500.00. builders have no intensions of trying any other pipes at this time and thats been confirmed by 2 big builders. I wasn't talking about snipers.. I'm talking about ANY new pipe to hit the market in the drag scene. The builders just have no interest in trying anything different. I know of at least 3 sets of pipes that went out to builders for testing and none have made any attempt to do any R&D with them. Why is this? Price has no factor in this...

I'm trying not to use sniper as a reference in this.. I'm saying ANY new pipe that would come available to the industry.

That is true. I mean look at the r2s. They have been out for sometime now and I have yet to see a real dyno with them vs anything. I think we are on to something here that it just might be the builders are in some sort of agreement with shearer. They get his pipes at a nice low price to the profit margin is very high, and in return the builders don't show any damning evidence that another pipe out performs shearer's pipes on top.

You know...it's kinda funny. This sport is a very small group of people and nobody wants to be the wet blanket on the other guy.

You all seem to think that the top builders haven't tried the Snipers. WRONG. I've spoken to 4 very well known top builders (Record holders even) who have tried those pipes on more than one motor and on the dyno saw none of the reported success.

You all think that they haven't tried them on un-biased builds. WRONG.

You aren't seeing the dyno sheets because nobody has the balls to bash the other guy. It's not professional to get into PUBLIC shop bashing. Team Sniper has flirted with knocking Shearers just from his statements about how good his pipe is. It lead to a dune race challenge last year that never materialized into a race. But the guy who was being knocked was willing to go to the other guys back yard and bring his best 4 mill to go against the others best 10 mill. :shrugani: I sure wish it had settled some questions....but we'll just have to wait to see if there is a second attempt at a challenge.

I can rant from time to time, but I'll just throw this out there for everyone to chew on..........Last time I checked there was a group of people who seemed to think Jim at Passion was a top builder.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the snipers were developed on a Passion 4 mill.

So I believe that the whole "Top builders will never try anything new or build to what this new design can do" excuse has been covered.

Now I don't see any national records held by Jim or Gary. So I'm still not sure why everyone thinks Snipers are the next best thing when there is no evidence that they have that potential.

I've seen The Sniper dyno reports. I'm not saying that the Snipers aren't the best pipe for a Passion 4 mill. They must be. I would think EVERY Passion 4 mill owner would want a set since they were designed for a Passion 4 mill.

So why aren't all the Passion 4 mill motors cleaning up trophies at your local tracks? I mean....if Jim is a top builder and Gary has a pipe that makes 10+ more HP than any other........ :shrugani:

Something doesn't add up to the hype. Either Jim's motors aren't contenders on a national level, or Gary's pipes aren't able to deliver on the +10 promise.

I'll admit that the Snipers look very nice and fit great. So do polished boost bottles. The real question is......Do they actually make more power? Jury is still out..............

Yes I'm a Shearer nut swinger.....but it's due to dyno tested and proven results that I've personally seen on the dyno. But in the endless monkey bars that the HP wars of life are....I'm always looking for the next place to swing. ;)

john, then you heard stories opposite of what I heard.

Did these builders take time to properly do R&D and play with different motor configurations or just throw the pipes on motors they had sitting around the shop?

what were the details of the engine configurations? Need a lil more details. In the end.. its all a he said she said.

All dyno numbers aside, if passions bikes start setting records around the country I think people will be interested in his pipes and setups for sure. People are just looking for the next proven setup that they know will work.

I think i'd have to agree with you on that. I just like to see any new pipe that comes down the line get a fair shake before they're thrown to the curb. I think the biggest problem is pipes being marketed by a engine builder. Take a look back through the years and what does history tell us?

Of course other engine builders are gonna say that another engine builders product isn't working.. Its business.

All dyno numbers aside, if passions bikes start setting records around the country I think people will be interested in his pipes and setups for sure. People are just looking for the next proven setup that they know will work.

x2..

you were def. overdue for a wise and useful post