Boost Bottle

Hello! im new to the forums and new to owning a banshee. just went from a honda 250R TRX to a banshee. The banshee i just purchased has a "boost bottle". was just curious ive been trying to research on them if they are "good" or "bad" without posting a topic or asking about it. but really have not found anything about it. other than you guys are against purchasing them. well mine came with one on it. should i just leave it on there? or get rid of it. and if i decide to toss it do i need to re-jet the bike? thanks all input is appreciated.

Edited by oblivionor

They do nothing but destroy intake boots by cracking them. You can remove it and put a stock crossover tube on it, if you dont have one then just leave it on for the time being.

They do nothing but destroy intake boots by cracking them. You can remove it and put a stock crossover tube on it, if you dont have one then just leave it on for the time being.

k. im learning about banshees still. will i have to re-jet it by putting on a stock crossover?

boost bottles work great with the purple powerbands. just rejet your valve cams! lol just kidding. yeah one came on my banshee too. i havent touched it yet. i dont think they really do anything. id leave it, i dont wanna buy a crossover tube.

boost bottles work great with the purple powerbands. just rejet your valve cams! lol just kidding. yeah one came on my banshee too. i havent touched it yet. i dont think they really do anything. id leave it, i dont wanna buy a crossover tube.

If you just leave it on there, you will eventually be redoing your top end because of it. It will sit there wiggling back and forth as you ride and eventually it will crack your intake boots causing an air leak and a topend meltdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you just leave it on there, you will eventually be redoing your top end because of it. It will sit there wiggling back and forth as you ride and eventually it will crack your intake boots causing an air leak and a topend meltdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that sound pleasant lol...well i just foundout my swingarm has a crack in it. and i called the previous owner. said hes not sure on the brand he bought it off ebay...so i think i got an Ebay built banshee. so my "4mil" is probably a pile of crap. lucky me. If it blows up....im probably gonna send it to someone(still debating on who) to turn it into a 421 cub probably. All i know is if my Tig dosnt hold my swing arm together im going with a Stellar arched ladder swing arm this winter. Locogato had me convinced with just the pics of it lol

Edited by oblivionor

The boost bottles can crack intake boots i dont doubt that. My banshee has one and i know for a fact its been on there for a long time. So if your one has one you dont need to drop everything and get one its just somthing to keep in the back of your mind on your next parts run. You cant go wrong with any sponsor on here too look over your motor if it concerns you talk to each one and see who you like best.

The boost bottles can crack intake boots i dont doubt that. My banshee has one and i know for a fact its been on there for a long time. So if your one has one you dont need to drop everything and get one its just somthing to keep in the back of your mind on your next parts run. You cant go wrong with any sponsor on here too look over your motor if it concerns you talk to each one and see who you like best.

Id like to try red line racing because there based in Oregon as am i. but to me depends on whos the most respectful when it comes to my lack of knowledge on 2 stroke motors. have a terrible memory so if i take something apart i doubt id remember on how to put it back together which is why i don't want to do it myself. Ive had a 1986 Honda 250r forever....didn't want to build a big single cyl motor because Ive heard you can put in an assload of money and not much much power and reliability out of them. banshees you put a lot in but get a lot out with reliability. But i dont like asking anyone about stuff even companies or web forums such as this one even do to my lack of knowing about the stuff. im a severe introvert(socially awkward dont like big groups of people or events that require me to talk) anyways. i just want a 4mill cub that makes power to carry my 275 lb ass around with ease. 80+hp would be nice.

Fine, ill take it off and put in a crossover tube when I install the big bore kit I picked up last weekend :headbang:

Id like to try red line racing because there based in Oregon as am i. but to me depends on whos the most respectful when it comes to my lack of knowledge on 2 stroke motors. have a terrible memory so if i take something apart i doubt id remember on how to put it back together which is why i don't want to do it myself. Ive had a 1986 Honda 250r forever....didn't want to build a big single cyl motor because Ive heard you can put in an assload of money and not much much power and reliability out of them. banshees you put a lot in but get a lot out with reliability. But i dont like asking anyone about stuff even companies or web forums such as this one even do to my lack of knowing about the stuff. im a severe introvert(socially awkward dont like big groups of people or events that require me to talk) anyways. i just want a 4mill cub that makes power to carry my 275 lb ass around with ease. 80+hp would be nice.

Ive heard good things about Red Line. Ive heard Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing and Jeff at F.A.S.T have very good customer service and their ordinary people there not some very large company that just treats you like just another customer. All of them are respectful whether you know alot about the motors or not. and for the 4mill cub you can ask kevin or jeff about the cylinders or dig through some posts on here to see what suits your riding best. Best of luck for whatever you end up doing.