Pro Circuits OK on a Serval?

KarTek

look at all the dyno graphs you can find..

check out the ones that have built servals and ran them on a dyno..

id highly suggest the snipers also for a serval id recomend them over a cpi on nearly any motor infact ( middle range, dunner type) i am sick and tired of burning my hands on the cpi's//

INFACT i have a nearly BRAND new set of show chrome CPI's if anyone is interested in them. NO i wont sell them for cheap..

look at all the dyno graphs you can find..

check out the ones that have built servals and ran them on a dyno..

id highly suggest the snipers also for a serval id recomend them over a cpi on nearly any motor infact ( middle range, dunner type) i am sick and tired of burning my hands on the cpi's//

INFACT i have a nearly BRAND new set of show chrome CPI's if anyone is interested in them. NO i wont sell them for cheap..

How can you recommend the Snipers when you just posted on another post that you would like to try them?

They are very nice looking pipes, but I haven't seen any info that would lead me to think that they will outperform the CPI's .......yet.

From what I see, the debate is only "Pro Circuit vs. Shearer" and I think that comes down to overall setup and use needs.

I'd say Small Bore Shearers.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

How can you recommend the Snipers when you just posted on another post that you would like to try them?

They are very nice looking pipes, but I haven't seen any info that would lead me to think that they will outperform the CPI's .......yet.

From what I see, the debate is only "Pro Circuit vs. Shearer" and I think that comes down to overall setup and use needs.

I'd say Small Bore Shearers.

i have t5s would they work with a stock stroke serval motor

Shearer's are very nice pipes. I have them on my 'shee. I like em but I wanted to ride trails and shearer's don't like airboxes or trails. BUT now I am thinking I might just save my 'shee for the strip and sand/open dry areas. So I don't know what I want to do with them lol.

i have t5s would they work with a stock stroke serval motor

Every pipe will work on about any motor....the question is will it work well or help the motor. Pipe choice isn't always about did you pick the best pipe. Sometimes it's about can you afford to buy a different set of pipes. I wouldn't try running T-5's on a serval. But it doesn't mean you can't. But for me the choice would be about getting the best pipe I can. If you have T-5's and can't get anything else because you have spent everything in your budget to get the Serval.....then run them till you can get something else. I don't know if I've seen any dyno numbers with T-5/Serval combos...........

We have been waiting quite a while to get a flood of dyno info on the Serval.......but it just doesn't seam to be happening.

I'm about fed up enough to build one for my wife's bike and see who will send me pipes to test on our dyno. I own most of them....

I'm open to any ideas......anyone got a Serval they want to lend for a full pipe battle?

Maybe a site sponsor who wants to get some screen time in the dyno section will offer up a donor. (I'm sure my wife would love that.) :lol:

I'd have time coming up soon this spring to spin the dyno all weekend. Our dyno has an O2 sensor, so we can even show the air/fuel ratio on the dyno runs. So we don't end up with people going on and on about how the motor should be jetted right for each pipe.) You get a baseline A/F number and jet each pipe to match the baseline. THEN your really doing some R+D testing!

I'd like to see - :drool:

Pro circuits

T-5's

Paul Turner's

FMF Fatty's

Rockets

CPI SB

Shearer SB

I guess we would have to put Snipers on the list too.

Some might think that testing pipes that you don't think will work would be a waste. But the real question is how much does the wrong pipe cost you power wise.

One pipe might make more peak torque and another might make more peak HP. Or another pipe might make a better overall curve. That's why you test..... :shrugani:

Me personally ...I'd just like to see how my FMF's, CPI's and my Shearers all stack up against each other on a Serval. My vote is SB Shearers till I see otherwise. I would even throw my BB CPI's on just for kicks. When you have a dyno....1/2 the fun becomes testing! :drool:

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

t5's suck on the serval, bike was still fun to ride but the t5's have no top end at all. the shearers have more power every where than the t5's did and scream up top. on a dyno sheet ive seen, the t5 was a good 10-15hp down from the shearer and cpi. they all came on about the same rpm, the cpi had a lil more mid range but not much more and the shearers pulled more revs.

carb size will alter the response big time, shearers and stock carbs have heaps of bottom end, but lose some top. 34's and shearers have a lil less bottom but heaps on top.

i trail mine, 34's/ shearers. i think it has more than enough bottom end.

i havent ridden a serval with cpi's but i think the cpi would be a great pipe for it. is there any cpi servals around ?

just make an air box. shearer also make stinger tubes to fit with an aribox.

as said, a serval will need some porting to run sweet with the snipers.

and shit.

i have 66.5mm stock cylinders they ran just fine with my t5s so i dont see why a set of 66mm servals wouldnt work with t5s is all im saying

common misconception my friend. welcome to the boards lol. bore is only telling you how large and heavy the piston is. port timing is what really makes the pipe respond. go on cp industries website, he shows you measurements and pics of his ports, now compare these to your stock cylinders. you see the difference? if you dont let me point a few HUGE differences. 1 being servals are mono block, and have drastically different port design. i dont wanna sounds like a idiot here, but i checked cp website and he dosnt list the serval so i have no idea wat the ports look like but i could assume it has boost ports in both the intake and exhaust. im sure the transfers are larger than stock.... all these things play into what the optimal pipe should be. t5,t6,pt,fmf,pc were all designed and based of off the stock port design, itls alot like putting a ls1 engine in a civic and just because the civics exhaust can be fitted dosnt make it the right choice(obviously not a real comparison).

with that being said, ill say this. my money is with cpi or shearer. why? because these pipes were based off of the cheetah/cub port timings and if you know anything about the serval its suppose to be a less aggressive, more ride able cub witch is achieved by lowering the port timing.

http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=3

Edited by NickisGod

common misconception my friend. welcome to the boards lol. bore is only telling you how large and heavy the piston is. port timing is what really makes the pipe respond. go on cp industries website, he shows you measurements and pics of his ports, now compare these to your stock cylinders. you see the difference? if you dont let me point a few HUGE differences. 1 being servals are mono block, and have drastically different port design. i dont wanna sounds like a idiot here, but i checked cp website and he dosnt list the serval so i have no idea wat the ports look like but i could assume it has boost ports in both the intake and exhaust. im sure the transfers are larger than stock.... all these things play into what the optimal pipe should be. t5,t6,pt,fmf,pc were all designed and based of off the stock port design, itls alot like putting a ls1 engine in a civic and just because the civics exhaust can be fitted dosnt make it the right choice(obviously not a real comparison).

with that being said, ill say this. my money is with cpi or shearer. why? because these pipes were based off of the cheetah/cub port timings and if you know anything about the serval its suppose to be a less aggressive, more ride able cub witch is achieved by lowering the port timing.

http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=3

i dont want to sound domb or or anything but i just dont see why people say pc pipes will work but my t5s wont i was thinking about getting a serval but i ride trails and i dont realy want a drag pipe but from what i keep reading thats all i can use with the servals so with that being said do you have info i could use

If you use inframe drag pipes you will have no problems... U can use t5 or pc but the bigger pipes work much better. You still have LOTS of power in the trails and they are alot smoother. The T5 or the pc won't hurt anything if you use them, they just are not recommended with the serval.

i dont want to sound domb or or anything but i just dont see why people say pc pipes will work but my t5s wont i was thinking about getting a serval but i ride trails and i dont realy want a drag pipe but from what i keep reading thats all i can use with the servals so with that being said do you have info i could use

CPI's and Shearers aren't "DRAG PIPES". They are pipes that work well on motors that make more power and rev higher.

Keep in mind a stock banshee motor makes peak power at 6500 RPM. Any modded motor with port timing work or an aftermarket cylinder will rev a lot higher than a bolt on type stock motor. CPI'S and Shearers make the same lower end power that a "Smaller" type pipe will make. But they allow the motor to rev and make more power in the top end. Many times this leaves people thinking that they are "Top End' pipes. In reality.....they just make SO MUCH top end, that it leaves the bottom end power feeling flat. But most of the time they are making more bottom end power too. It just feels lame compared to that motor hitting the pipe and really making big top end power. T-5's like all pipes, have their own shape. It's the shape of the pipe that makes it work different than others. Size isn't the big issue.

If a pipe is too small....it can hold heat in the motor and that is a whole nother discussion. LOL.

T-5's might work....but not well.

thanks for the info does anyone know how a stock stroke serval runs and iv seen sevrals on ebay that claim to be a 64mm bore do they make them that small im not looking to make a monster motor just somthing to power around my trails and some back roads

maybe a serval isnt for you. id say consider a big bore rz350 motor. that would work well with any stock motor pipes (pc,t5,t6,pt,fmf) just watch out some pipes will not clear the power valves.

honestly, ive used the "wrong pipe" on my motor before. i liked it too. who cares wat makes more power, its all about application. although like john said, u dont wanna keep the heat in ur motor and have a Chernobyl meltdown.