CPI spark arrestors

Toffey1984

I don't really notice much when I have mine in and they are clean. When they start to plug up with packing and oil they cause problems.  That's why I don't recommend shoving a screen over the end of the core and putting the end cap back on. Its a pain to remove to clean, and there is less screen surface area so it plugs up faster.

heres the easy way to do it.  May have to trim the center silencer tube to get them to fit behind the end cap but thats it.  

http://www.jdscustoms.com/product/spark-arrestor-kit-screen-style-general-use/

I contacted JDS and it looks like you may have to modify the stock baffle tube to use these on the stock silencers.  Im not sure I want to do that.  I am going to remove end caps and see what all is entailed.  I have 2 SS sink drains I may see if they work without modifying.

I contacted JDS and it looks like you may have to modify the stock baffle tube to use these on the stock silencers. Im not sure I want to do that. I am going to remove end caps and see what all is entailed. I have 2 SS sink drains I may see if they work without modifying.

I would think the oem are already spark arrested.

• 3 weeks later...