Best Pipes? CPI vs Shearer!

Theres no such thing as one "best pipe". There's only a best pipe for your application. both are drag pipes made for mid-top end with more emphasis on top. The reason you've read good things about both is because both sets are good. if I remember correctly cpi's come on but also fall off a hair sooner then shearers. IMO you can't go wrong with either set.....if your looking for top end performance.

if you want a super hard pull in 1 2 3rd gears get cpi's if you want all out top end and super hard pull in 2 3 4 5 6 get the shear..

if you ride your bike around and like a lil more lower end you will probably like cpi big bore's.

motor porting and etc sill make a diff also. if the engine is not ported at aLL the cpi's will work ok. the shears will make power about where the stock porting falls flat.

Sorry I didnt specify! I knew the second i posted that i shoulda! Thinkin about a 4 mil. 12 Port with flat track port. 35mm carbs. Shaved head. The works.. Just tryin to narrow down the exhausts. Thanks!

I would talk to jim if he is doing the engine work. A Flat track motor needs to have smoth power delivery so you dont spin the wheels. Especially if your running a short flat track where there isnt long straight aways.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What pipes are better? Cpi's or Shearer? Theres gotta be a flat out winner? I've heard and read great things about both! Everybodys got opinions but what one is the winner? Thanks to anybody that knows the facts!

I tried both Big bore and small bore CPI and Shearer. I like the Shearer small bore the best, CPI big bore 2nd, CPI small bore 3rd, and shearer big bore 4th.

You wont find better customer service then Matt Shearer. I think the small bore Shearer pull the hardest, but all I do is climb big hills.