SNIPER ASSASSIN INFRAMES

PassionRE

Hey Jim,

Where can I get one of those stealthy, lightweight clutch/lockup assemblies like you have on that bike. :jesterlaugh:

HAHA.....not much gets past you Jared, had to mock up the bike for the photo shoot. was wondering when someone would notice. Kinda like fake tits on a supermodel huh... lol

I was doing some math the other day and here is what I found..

Shearers - $500

Snipers - $700

If the Snipers will give you 10 more HP for an extra $200, that is $20 per HP. As far as I'm concerned that is the CHEAPEST HP you will ever get for your banshee. Before anyone complains about the price, think about what else you can spend $200 on and get 10 HP...

HP per dollar ratio Tyler ...excellent point. In many cases a set of stock 421's and a set of Snipers would outrun a "built" 421 from marginal builders. With everything else aside,in stock form, they are absolutely "THE CUB PIPE" INSPIRED, DESIGNED, AND RELENTLESLY TESTED ON CUBS!....Jim

I can tell you if these pipes give you two tenths in 300ft Jim and Gary would be overnight rich...

10HP is a lot...but torque is every bit as important.

One of the reasons Gary chose to work with me is I have literally a thousand passes on my bike over the years, different tracks and different riders.

I've had hand coned shearers, CPIs and silenced stamped Shearers...

I am very anxious to try these out for next year. If I get a tenth out of them in 300 foot I'd be happy....IMO if you got two tenths in 300 foot your bike probably wasn't in the best state of tune it could be in...

You could hit 25 to 30HP of spray and only get a tenth or so in 300.

And I'm talking paddle/sand track...

If there is time, I'm going to get these pipes to one of the top builders in the country who's bike constantly place in the top spots in the biggest races held in the country.

I talked to him about some of the things Gary and I talked about and I could tell he was getting amped up about some of the technology used and thought of in their design...

sorry Dave I just used you to bump the post back up lol j/k.

The 2 tenths in 300 ft was just a guess, but the 500 foot 3 tenth pick up was an average pick up. He has ran 5 tenths faster then he ever could with the snipers over the cpis but that is not an average. The best he has run with the cpi's with a 6.5 with the snipers the fastest pass was a 6.0. This is with me tuning his carbs to both sets off pipes. On average he now runs pretty consistent 6.2-6.3's but if you throw in the few 6.0's and a handful of 6.1's I would average it to around a 3 tenth pick up.

Yeah, are they sound legal in most places and can we figure a way to run some kind of sparky? In Michigan they require one and guys are using the new Toomey arrestors or the old Turbo "sparky" models. (But I'm told the old turbo sparkys are no longer made.) Any thoughts?

Yeah, are they sound legal in most places and can we figure a way to run some kind of sparky? In Michigan they require one and guys are using the new Toomey arrestors or the old Turbo "sparky" models. (But I'm told the old turbo sparkys are no longer made.) Any thoughts?

Im sure Jim and gary could figured out a way to mount up there silencers that they designed to put on there oof pipes.

Quick question jim, i know these are geared towards the cubs, but how would they compare to a stock cylinder bike with your porting versus the small bore shearers? Also do you guys plan on tailor fitting a pipe to your 12 ports?

Not that i need anymore power lol :headbang:

Cody

umm me and my buddy share this account and he works at herjugsracing... he goes on here alot more than me..and so what we joined yesterday now shutup and go ride your banshee :headbang:

Kevin works alone at his own shop. Not sure what you're trying to say here...

I am from a track in Pennsylvania called the Blair Bedford Dirt Racers. My family has been racing at the track for 15 plus years. I myself have been racing there for 4 yrs. The track is a 500 ft dirt clay mix with pro lights. i run the 386cc to 430cc semi pro banshee class and the 430cc to 535cc semi pro banshee class. We have on average 12 to 15 different banshees in our classes including 2 passion ported banshees. We have other various competitive banshees professionally ported also. The class is very tight and competitive normally coming down to not more than 2 or 3 tenths of a second. Most of the time even less than that. I have never been the person to purchase new parts, mostly just looking around for what good used parts I can find. I have a 4mil 421 cub that has been built from the ground up by myself. I used a few tips here and there but got only get my banshee running consistant 6.5s and 6.6s at 85mph. These E.Ts were about the average for the class but my mph was a little lower. I ran the smaller 35mm keihin pwks against everyones will versus the 39s. stock axle unlightened chassis, mild port job, and a billion other minor things that made me one of the smaller bikes in the class made me the underdog. Towards the end of the 2010 season I was talking with Brad Painter while I was away at my training for the military about what I could do to be a contender. Among various tips of carb sizes, port timing, lightening the chassis and sprocket sizes, the idea was thrown around that maybe my old style cpi drag pipes maybe holding me back. Rated for around 400ccs they still ran pretty well on my bike. Be that as it may, we decided to try a set of unmarketed newly designed pipes from passion racing and Gary Bilby. They called them sniper pipes. They had them in an inframe style but me loving the noisy ping of drag stingers opted to have a set of out of frame customs made. I got them while I was away and Brad mounted them for me. I came home for that very next race. The sound of a sniper out of frame drag pipe is very distict, as in it sounds like no other banshee pipe on the market. I ran my practice lap and check the plugs. It seemed a tad bit to lean so we richened it up again. I ran a 6.3 at 87 on my first pass, the second i bogged due to rider error and insuffient throttle. These pipes had one hell of a pull to them and this motor never felt so alive. Round 2 i had a bye in the small class but the big class I ran some unknown opponent i had never seen before. In my mind I was thinking I can beat this guy easy. I watched the stage lights drop and dumped the clutch pegged at full throttle. Winding through every gear on my override tranny this machine pulled every gear on the wheelie bar. i had never felt a thing like it. As i was coming down the return lane I seen Brad walking up to me with my time slip with this look on his face like what the hell just happened. Scared me for a min, thought maybe I redlighted or something. But no, I snatched the slip from his hands and was at awe at what I saw on the slip. I ran a 6.058 at 91mph being one of the fastest times if not the fastest time in the class all year. I went from being one of the underdogs to one of those guys you were generally scared to race by the end of the season. my bike ran 6.3s and 6.2a at 89-90mph the rest of the season. I cant even begin to tell you how excited I am for the 2011 season with these pipes and my new passion ported 4mil rather than my unported cub. As for the sniper pipes, I fully reccommend these pipes to anyone with a cub motor. Dont just trust someone. Performance talks!!! And these sniper pipes will dominated the pipe market for banshees for a long time to come.