cheap way to stiffen up the rear?

spun

The stock linkage does a good job for what its for.. (Changing the progressive rate) I wouldn't buy the elka link unless I was buying a shock designed to use it. Now your looking at over 1k into the rear shock.. Too rich for my blood..

You just need to make more money............... :biggrin:

I added brackets and put a removable shock mount (while still keeping the stock one) it put the shock more straight up and down and ran it without the link it is pretty stiff with a +8 and my 220# a$$ on it. I'll post some pics later this week

Edited by STINKYDELUXE

I added brackets and put a removable shock mount (while still keeping the stock one) it put the shock more straight up and down and ran it without the link it is pretty stiff with a +8 and my 220# a$$ on it. I'll post some pics later this week

that pic was taken 5 days before I deployed I had to get a years worth of riding in in about 20 minutes

I put an 01 Raptor rear shock on mine a couple nights ago. Only took about an hour start to finish and it is a noticeable difference in how it feels just sittin on it. Havent got to ride it yet tho, going out for a full day tomorrow. Pretty cheap way to go. Paid 42 bucks for the shock including shipping.

If you go the Raptor shock you will have to stay with the 01 and thats it. they changed the style on the 02-new... Best bet is to buy a new spring for the weight and arm you have. The valving will be off alittle but you can do that when you have some cash do get that done. Most shops will charge around 100 for a rebuild on the rear shock. so look around and try to find a shop that will A: rebuild it with valving. B: just new oil, air and seals. C: spring with (A) and (B). You can get an eibach spring for the weight and go from there!!!

^^^^^^

awsome let me know how it rides

Well at first I was a little disappointed in it. Just fartin around there really isn't much difference than stock except it sits higher, which I like since I am a6'2". However the more I rode, i found that it got a LOT better, the harder I pushed it, the better it responded. Whoops and high speed damping, were a major difference and well worth the improvement. Course I have the 01 raptor front shocks on too and they make a good cheap upgrade combination. $87 shipped for front and back suspension upgrades, So can't comment on what just the rear shock alone would be like with stock fronts.

I haven't even dialed it in yet, as I wanted to see where I needed to go with the settings from the way it came to me. Overall, I am pretty happy with it and would definitely recommend the change as a low buck alternative to aftermarket shocks or complete overhaul of stock shock. Of all the things I have done the bike, this was best money spent for the return of investment.