My 421 RZ-Bike

RGL

@alcoholbanshee:

Thanks for this link. This is what I searched. The pipes they show look absolute different from the Jolly Pipes.

JL-Exhausts are also fine but made for RZ 350. I think I should choose pipes which are made for the Cub-stuff. The price is nearly the same.

Cheers

Raphael

Hello Raphael

I am racing RZs here in Spain, your main problem is, obviously, in the carbs, too small for Cub and Jollys :down:

Currently, mine and the fastest bikes here are using Jollys and 38mm Mikunis TMX (late model), they come from 2000/02 YZ125 or from the 1995 (not sure) TZ250. If you find the YZ125 model (very cheap on ebay) you will be close to perfect jetting, just change the 400 main for a 310 and your RD will fly for sure :happy:

I also have a 421 Cub engine (installed on an Aprilia 125 Futura frame), it is running a 2 into 1 intake carb with a huge 45mm Lectron and Jolly GP type, no problem at all :smile: , Jollys maybe are not the perfect chamber for the Cub, but they do their work very fine

Before installing the Cub engine in the Aprilia frame, I put it on the RD frame with Jollys and TMXs and it was totally insane :biggrin: third gear wheely without touching the clutch, jetting was little higher, 340 mains (I believe...)

Try the TMXs, they are cheap in seconhand (you can find them around 50$), dont touch the needle or the air jet, they work fine, get a lower main jet and keep your Jollys, they are really nice chambers :happy:

Hi Doc,

Cub421 motor with RS125 Frame...this sounds really crazy :evil: . Sadly in Germany we are not allowed to build such great bikes and ride them on the street but only on the track. Do you run your RS on the track?

Do you have any temperature problems with your Jolly? I heard that the stinger is to small which could melt down the piston. I think I must keep my Jolly because shipping some pipes from USA to Germany is about 400$ :shoothead: .

So I try to search some well priced TMX38 Carbs. Otherwise I choose for some 38Keihins.

Thanks and regards

Raphael

Hi Doc,

Cub421 motor with RS125 Frame...this sounds really crazy :evil: . Sadly in Germany we are not allowed to build such great bikes and ride them on the street but only on the track. Do you run your RS on the track?

Yes, it is street legal, but really hard and expensive to homologate (TUV) it is registered as a 45 hp engine :evil:

Do you have any temperature problems with your Jolly? I heard that the stinger is to small which could melt down the piston. I think I must keep my Jolly because shipping some pipes from USA to Germany is about 400$ :shoothead: .

No problem with temp or deto, running 20cc domes, 98 octane gas, standar ignition and 25:1 Ekstra premix oil

So I try to search some well priced TMX38 Carbs. Otherwise I choose for some 38Keihins.

Thanks and regards

Raphael

• 2 weeks later...

@Dr.Makoki: This is winter I try to get an approval by our technical authorities. In Germany everything is ruled :down: !!! You can't change a screw without their acceptance.

@4stroker: I was wondering too because the shipping costs of other parts I bought have been around 50$. But Andy Weeks from http://www.twocycletech.com/first_page.html told me 433$ only for shipping. Even if 433$ includes the duty (22%) it is really too much. I have no idea if this price is correct.

@Meat: I don't know FFP-Pipes. Do you have a link or an address?

Thanks and regards

Raphael

• 6 years later...